Show All Results
Director, Patient Access & Government Affairs (Member of Country Leadership Team)
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That`s why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
The Director, Patient Access & Government Affairs will be responsible for achieving the optimal reimbursement for the company’s innovative products in Canada with all key payers. As a member of the country leadership team, you will be responsible for periodically influencing company strategic initiatives and overall governance. You will partner with key stakeholders to accomplish objectives of mutual interest, such as increased patient access to new medicines, and changes to government policy that will improve the healthcare system and potential for the organization.
You will evaluate the provincial reimbursement and federal drug plan reimbursement status for all EMD commercial product and develop the public payor strategy to maximize market access in all provinces and federal plans for all EMD promoted products. You will also implement tactical plans to maximize formulary reimbursement for all EMD commercial products including pricing, market analysis and overseeing the preparation of pharmaco-economic evaluations.
You will also evaluate the private reimbursement status of all EMD commercial products for each insurance company and examine managed care opportunities with preferred providers and PBM's. You will be responsible for the development of the Private Payor strategy to help maximize market access to drive market share in all provinces for all EMD commercial products and implement tactical plans to maximize private formulary reimbursement for all EMD commercial products.
You will maximize product uptake by ensuring that payors are optimally aware, including preparing new product and line extension submissions for provincial formularies and private benefit plans and addressing all pricing issues, including liaison with PMPRB and provincial pricing policy groups.
You will lead channel accounts including key wholesalers, specialty distributors and pharmacy chains to support business objectives. You will also lead development, negotiation, implementation, and ongoing management of channel contracts and maintain industry trends and maintain relationships with key executives.
You will participate as a member of the Leadership Team (LT) to serve as the main body for cross-functional ratification of decisions and corporate strategy.
Who You Are:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- 5 years in healthcare related business
- 3 years of Patient Access and/or Government Affairs experience.
- Advanced degree in a degree in health economics
- You are bilingual and have a considerable experience in Canadian government policies and in-depth understanding of the complexity of the market access process.
- You have proven strategic thinking and planning knowledge.
- You also have leadership experience, championing projects and driving ideas from inception to completion and extensive experience working with senior management and executives.
- You also have experience leading a team of individuals, locally and remotely.
- As a member of the Senior Leadership team in Canada, you will have a proven cross functional and collaborative capabilities, locally and globally, and a demonstrated creativity, enthusiasm, innovation, and practical task management.
- You will also have the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment, balancing priorities, and reacting with a sense of urgency in the delivery of projects while meeting time and quality deliverables.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html