Show All Results
Cosmetic Application Chemist
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Our Surface Solutions Business Unit of EMD Electronics in Philadelphia, PA is looking for a Cosmetic Application Chemist. In this role you will contribute to our cosmetics business growth through formulation development and product technical support to customers and internal organizations.
- Creation of novel formulations to showcase the advantages and suitability of our products in cosmetics formulations, particularly color cosmetics
- Support customers in pigment identification, color matching and the compatibility of cosmetic pigment/fillers in formulations
- Evaluate new technologies and support R&D, production and quality in determining effectiveness of new products/processes in cosmetics applications
- Assist in the development of marketing tools and provide trainings to customers
- Interface directly with various functions within local and global teams
- Establish EMD Electronics’ leading position in the cosmetic industry through publications and technical presentations
This role will include some travel.
- Utilize vision to observe and differentiate surface appearances, textures, and colors
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Cosmetic Science, Dermatology or other Science field
- 3+ years of experience in color cosmetic and personal care applications, including finished cosmetic products and cosmetic R&D
- An advanced degree
- Knowledge of cosmetic formulation testing and stability evaluations
- Knowledge of effect pigments as well as color matching experience
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to interface with a variety of people in a global organization
- Ability to create professional documents/presentations and enjoy presenting to customers and peers in small to large audience group settings
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html