Show All Results
Senior Research Chemist
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Electronics is seeking a Senior Research Chemist to join the Analytical Technology group for the analysis and characterization of CMP slurries for the semiconductor fabrication industry, in Tempe, AZ. Responsibilities include:
- Explore new metrologies to characterize nanoparticles, components, or trace metals
- Develop and validate analytical methods for CoA parameters in CMP slurries and transfer operating procedures to production QC laboratories
- Support New Product Development
- Work closely with R&D, production, quality, and commercial teams to ensure rapid delivery of new products to customers
- Routine and non-routine sample analysis
- Assist in data gathering and data analysis for Process Change Notifications
- Provide analytical and troubleshooting support for product quality issues
- Hands-on laboratory work
- Work with some of the following instrumentation: DLS instruments, disc centrifuge, nanoparticle tracking analysis, single particle optical sensing analyzers, liquid nanoparticle sizer, high performance liquid chromatography, ion chromatography, gas chromatography, infrared spectroscopy, optical emission spectroscopy, ion-coupled plasma mass spectroscopy
Who You Are:
- Ph. D. in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or other scientific discipline OR Master’s Degree in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or other scientific discipline with 1+ years’ experience working hands on with analytical equipment in a production setting
- 1+ years’ experience with analytical method development
- Theoretical and operational understanding of analysis techniques
- Hands-on experience with spectroscopy techniques
- Hands-on experience with particle analysis techniques
- Hands-on experience with chromatography techniques
- Advance statistical techniques / data mining experience
- Knowledge of a wide breadth of analytical tools and their relevant applicability
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills that support a diverse team environment
- Creativity and strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated creativity and strong problem-solving skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html