Show All Results
Head of SLS APAC Commercial Controlling 1
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
The Head of APAC SLS Commercial Controlling will lead a team of 7 controllers supporting Asian countries within the APAC region. As the controlling business partner to the head of the APAC SLS Commercial organization, you will be supporting the business in all aspects of financial related matters. You are responsible for the monthly analysis and reporting of financials, preparation and monitoring of the rolling forecasts to ensure achievement of financial targets and accurate forecasting. You will also be implementing and streamlining forecast processes and systems and enhance margin insights to ensure dynamics are well understood to drive improvement.
In addition, you will be supporting the Commercial teams in order to execute the strategy and drive key initiatives (customer segment strategies, eCommerce, digital, operational excellence, etc.), M&A, partnerships, and investment decisions across a dynamic region. You will be required to leverage digital reporting and visualization solutions to enhance business insights. Additionally, you will support resource allocation decisions and streamline routine processes through shared service resources. You will also be responsible to develop and empower the Controlling team to reach their potential.
This role can be taken on within APAC Region.
- Support business by providing detailed insight into sales, profitability, pricing, spending and DSO etc.) to meet financial KPIs.
- Provide Sales and Trade margin analysis by product, SBU, region, customer, customer segment to provide business insights.
- Leverage digital solutions and financial dashboards to monitor and track financial targets.
- Support business in capital requests/projects, Strategy development (SD process) and investment analysis
- Actively participate in identifying, dimensioning, and measuring Revenue Initiatives
- Prepare and present business update presentations to senior management.
- Preparation of Forecast for both sales (product and customer segment views) and spending
- Reviews forecast inputs for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Streamline the Forecast for efficiency.
- Maintain forecast accuracy to ensure achievement of targets and planning of resources.
Reporting and Closing:
- Provide timely monthly management reporting including sales and spend commentaries comparing actuals versus forecast/prior year/plan. Responsible to highlight areas of business drivers/concerns to business partner.
- Analyze spending and Headcount reports to assist management in controlling cost.
- Ad hoc reporting and projects as required.
Process Excellence/Internal Controls:
- Develops and documents standard financial processes, with a focus on implementing common financial processes and practices regionally and globally; improves the efficiency of the Controlling function.
- Interacts with all other departments and CFO, while ensuring that Accounting & Controlling best practice knowledge is being leveraged across the Company.
- Maintains the appropriate environment of internal financial controls in all aspects of the business unit to ensure that financial statements are free from material error.
- Ensures the consistent implementation of the Company’s accounting policies, with attention to areas requiring judgment and estimation.
Who You Are:
- Degree in accounting/finance or equivalent. Masters in business administration is a plus.
- At least 10 years relevant accounting, budgeting, general ledger, and financial planning experience. Possess basic understanding and application of financial principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Advanced analytical skills, particularly with forecasting and reporting.
- Good business acumen and judgement, and current knowledge of company markets/products and industry trends. Strong business analysis, financial planning and reporting skills that generate business insights that add measurable value. Knowledge of current trends in finance and functional best practices.
- Digitally driven and knowledge of ERP systems (SAP, TM1, Business Objects, Tableau, Excel advanced user) strongly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrixed and remote environment, and capable of gaining commitment and coordination action for initiatives.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal), and presentation skills.
- Change Agent - willing to evaluate status quo and take action to change when necessary. Recommends and implements continuous improvement initiatives.
- Good at workload prioritization and efficiency improvement and resource management.
- Decision Making - Takes responsibility and initiative to act and think independently but should ensure supervisor is an agreement with decisions taken.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!