Show All Results
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Job title: Scientists 2
Worksite address: 9900 Blackwell Rd. Rockville, MD 02850
- Performs testing in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP);
- Serves as Subject matter expert (SME) for viral titration assays (TCID50, Plaque, Focus assays);
- Serves as SME for implementation of automation in cell culture-based assays for viral safety evaluation;
- Maintains complete and comprehensive records for study integrity, makes detailed observations, documents results and performs data analysis;
- Designs and oversees validation of viral safety testing assays for conversion from GLP compliant procedures to cGMP compliant testing;
- Responsible for validating or assisting with validating automated equipment for implementation in viral safety testing and operating and maintaining lab equipment as required by SOPs and testing procedures;
- Develops and implements cell culture viral infectivity assays on an automation platform;
- Liaises with Quality Assurance and appropriate cross-functional departmental areas to investigate laboratory excursions and implement corrective actions identified during GxP laboratory testing;
- Creates/ revises SOPs, laboratory records and other related documentation as assigned;
- Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, protocols, processes and equipment; and
- Acts as lead scientist for viral titration assays.
Employer requires a Master’s degree in Bioengineering or closely related field and at least three (3) years of work experience as a Lab Researcher working with Viral Titration Assays. In addition, the employer requires the following:
- Demonstrated ability in conducting Validation of assays in Virology gained through at least two (2) years of work experience;
- Demonstrated ability in conducting Validation of Automation Instruments in Viral safety testing gained through at least three (3) years of work experience; and
- Demonstrated ability in development and implementation of cell culture or viral infectivity assays on an automation platform gained through at least three (3) years of work experience.
All years of experience may be gained concurrently.
Applicants can mail resumes to BioReliance Corporation., 400 Summit Drive, Burlington, Massachusetts 01803 (Attn: req# 269245) or apply online at https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company.html
This position is eligible for BioReliance Corporation’s Employee Referral Program.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html