Show All Results
Senior Manager BI Data Architect - Rockland MA
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Senior Manager and business Intelligence Data Architect to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding complex data sources, architecting, designing, and implementing robust and scalable data solutions that enable the organization to extract actionable insights from complex datasets. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements, design data models, and develop data integration processes to support various analytical initiatives. You will lead, innovate, inspire, and engage with passion by modeling EMD Serono behaviors and working with a sense of urgency to achieve organizational goals.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead data architecture & modeling efforts including Redshift, Snowflake related cloud data products, including the design of data structures and the identification of business transformation logic to support analytical needs.
- Retrieve, organize, and manipulate data from the Enterprise Data Warehouse and other databases. This will require programming (SQL) to create Tableau extracts.
- Act as a point person for the business & other stakeholders to handle questions concerning the data & reporting.
- Manage the AWS RedShift Data Source layer with an eye towards best practices, security, and scalability.
- Deep understanding of database systems and a proven track record of optimizing query performance, enhancing database efficiency, and improving overall system responsiveness.
- Play a key role in the process of data transformation required for effective reporting, analytics, and visualization.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools and a proven ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve data issues in existing dashboards.
- Willing to learn and use new BI & Datawarehouse tools as we modernize our BI Datawarehouse and Reporting environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- BS in a technical discipline (i.e., Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) with 5+ years’ experience or Masters Degree and a minimum of 3+ years or a PhD with a minimum of 2+ years
- 5+ years of experience working in data warehousing/business intelligence & designing data models
- 5+ years of experience working in SQL programming language (using Toad for Oracle 11.x/12.x or Redshift)
- 2+ experience using Tableau or other BI reporting tools
- Experience in working with cross-functional, multi-cultural teams as well as skills to manage virtual teams of external vendors
- Understanding of best data modeling principles and the ability to create and modify complex data models
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication abilities
- Familiarity with data preparation techniques and tools such as Alteryx and Tableau Prep
- Proven ability to execute multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Self-motivated, independent, and possesses the ability to learn quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience with pharmaceutical data
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services offerings, IDQ, glue, Kyligence, etc., and hands-on experience with RedShift
- Certified Tableau developer/administrator is preferred
Location: Rockland MA, on-site with flex
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html