Show All Results
Country Medical Lead
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
What You Do
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with pharmaceutical regulations and laws as well as providing expertise on drug safety and medical topics.
- Provides medical expert advice to ensure accuracy of data to support existing or new product promotion.
- Develops medical product information and stays informed on scientific trends and competition.
- Maintains relationships with target opinion leaders and trains local teams in medical topics.
Medical Management and Leadership:
- Direct management of a therapy area through right-size local strategies and tactical plans to the affiliate’s business realities. Oversight and influence over other therapy areas, providing input to medical plans and tactics.
- Manage on-time/on-budget execution of tactical plan, including phase 4 studies.
- Lead efforts resulting in increased operating resourcing efficiencies in the affiliate by leveraging enterprise-wide resources.
- Consolidate and share healthcare landscape (payor, patient, access) insights and translate those insights into affiliate strategies.
- Responsible for assigning, tracking and monitoring relevant KPIs and metrics for Medical affairs Department.
- Lead affiliate Medical Affairs yearly budget and business planning, prioritization and trade-offs
- Co-leading Local TA, Launch and Brand Strategies and lead the Medical Affairs Tactics.
Talent Management and People Development:
- Lead talent review process and demonstrate follow through on Development Plans for Key Talent.
- Develop or improve area and or affiliate on-boarding and training.
- Manage employees with a variety of performance records and capabilities.
- Serve as a role model and mentor not just within the function.
Regulatory & Compliance Management:
- Successfully collaborate and lead resolution of regulatory, reputational, compliance and other risk issues in the affiliate.
- Lead the problem solving process for significant safety or quality issues at affiliate.
- Deliver on post-marketing commitments on time and with quality Manage ethical issues at affiliate to resolutions that satisfy business and societal needs.
- Participate in and contribute significantly to internal policy and external trade or regulatory working teams on matters that impact the affiliate.
Scientific and Technical Leadership:
- Represent medical at country leadership meets and contribute to business discussions. Meaningfully contribute to strategic and tactical discussions in cross-functional leadership teams
- Actively inform and contribute to GMA/RMA and local strategy and tactics in collaboration with Global/Regional TA’s, GME and General manager.
- Collaborate with pharmacovigilance and regulatory in interpreting regulatory and safety risks in their geography.
- Manage effective scientific communication throughout their geography.
- Provide counsel on clinical and health outcomes research design and ensure that the Country research proposals are scientifically and strategically aligned to global data generation priorities (Country Council)
- Chair of the Local Quality and Safety Team (LQST)
- Collaborate with Global/Regional TAs and RCO to ensure research activities are completed and published on time and on budget
- Identifies and interacts with key members of the Medical community (external experts including Healthcare Professionals (HCPs/"thought leaders") and possibly other healthcare stakeholders such as (access decision makers, government organizations and patient groups within assigned territory and TA, with given frequency and pre-defined metrics, in accordance with local regulations
Who You Are
- University degree (Bachelor’s) required in scientific field of relevance to position.
- Secondary / advanced scientific degree (e.g., PharmD, PhD , MD, MBBS) required.
- Other advanced degree (ie MBA, MPH) desired.
- Proven training/experience in Clinical or Basic Research, Epidemiology, Pharmacoeconomics, Clinical Pharmacology and/or Administration is advantageous.
- Scientific and / or clinical training in therapeutic area of relevance to position strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in pharmaceutical industry (at least significantly in Medical Affairs roles).
- Experience in other pharmaceutical functions in local, regional or global/ Regional roles desirable.
- Experiences in clinical practice as licensed specialist preferred.
- Prior industry experience as Medical Manager.
- Experience in local and international regulations including Good Clinical Practice.
- Good understanding of local compliance and regulatory requirements for pharmaceutical Medical Affairs, R&D and Commercial work.
- Local recognition or credibility among External Experts (KOLs) preferred.
- Previous experience leading teams and/or mentoring new hires and working in teamwork required.
- Strong Scientific, Business and Compliance Acumen.
- High degree of ethics.
- Good communicator across a variety of scientific and lay audiences.
- Ability to work and develop highly effective strategic teams.
- Ability to build ongoing and productive relationships throughout the organization to achieve business goals.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!