Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Manufacturing Technician 4 -Night Shift at the Cherokee site performs manufacturing and cleaning operations in a facility which produces Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) in a cGMP regulated environment. Job duties include:
- This is a rotating 12 – hour night shift with hours of 6:00pm – 6:00am, and includes holidays and every other weekend
- Responsible for safely executing and developing manufacturing processes
- Ensure the accuracy of documentation within the local quality system
- Work closely with department supervisor to ensure daily department operating goals are developed and achieved
- Perform production and sampling operations per approved GMP manufacturing procedures
- Equipment setup for manufacturing processes per approved procedures and best practices
- Thoroughly document all production activities and adhere to GMP guidelines and policies
- Perform necessary analytical tests and notify technical lead or supervisor of results during a manufacturing operation
- Notify supervisor of critical in-process decisions based on analytical data
- Properly dispose of waste using department protocols
- Maintain and troubleshoot department equipment and instrumentation according to protocols written with departmental procedures & best practices
- Assist in preparation of Procedures to ensure compliance with applicable Safety and Quality guidelines
- Develop and assist in the implementation of process improvement, safety, quality, and 5S ideas
- Lift and carry up to 80 pounds while wearing personal protective equipment, including respirators, for an extended time
Who you are:
- Associate Degree in Biology, Chemistry, or other life science discipline
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 + years of work experience in a pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, or other life science discipline
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient in safe processing techniques and pertinent OSHA, EPA, FDA regulations
- Working knowledge of general chemistry, mathematics, and standard computer applications
- Knowledge of Process Improvement methodology (i.e.., PDSA, Lean Manufacturing, and/or Six Sigma)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html