Show All Results
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
As the Facilities Engineer at our Tempe, AZ facility, you will provide Engineering & Maintenance services in an R&D and Manufacturing facility. This role includes direct supervision of contractors and engineering co-ops/interns. The position ensures that the facility and all operating functions (equipment, utilities, instruments, buildings and grounds) are maintained in a manner that meets regulatory/safety/quality requirements while supporting production demands. You will also execute on capital projects to support operational needs and business growth.
Responsibilities include implementing/maintaining Maintenance Excellence programs such as:
- Maintenance Planning Systems (plan, schedule, organize, report)
- Maintenance Reliability Systems (preventive/predictive systems)
- Maintenance Efficiency Systems (cost control, crew efficiency and effectiveness studies, equipment downtime, % emergency work)
- CAPEX spending and tracking
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or other Engineering discipline
- 8+ years’ experience in a Facilities Engineering role with facilities maintenance emphasis
- Professional Engineer certification
- Manufacturing and supervisory experience in the maintenance of chemical plant equipment, including experience in supervising contractors
- Experience in project management
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to read/develop electrical line drawings and piping & instrumentation drawings.
- Computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows/Word/ Excel, Auto CAD, and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Working knowledge of OSHA’s Standards for Construction Safety, Process Safety Management, Lockout/Tagout, Hot Work and Confined Space Entry
- Should be familiar with ASME, API and CGA codes and good industry practices
- Knowledge of quality systems, including ISO 9000 and Lean Six Sigma
- Prior experience with the developing and sustaining strong preventive and predictive maintenance programs
- SAP experience
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html