Show All Results
Senior Application and Discovery Scientist, AI and Cheminformatics
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
The Sr. Application and Discovery Scientist will be part of the product management team responsible for the portfolio of our AI, Cheminformatics, and automation drug discovery products. You will be a key member of a newly formed internal venture responsible for the development of transformational AI-enabled software and a full automation robotics ecosystem for drug discovery.
You will be responsible to:
- Work as an expert superuser of our AI/Cheminformatics software product to independently provide subject expertise to medicinal chemists on their drug design projects.
- Drive pre-sales activities including demonstrating product concepts, planning, and delivering product demos/training, providing product design guidance to the engineering team and scientific drug discovery projects with external partners.
- Develop scientific and marketing content/presentation to demonstrate our product value and differentiation to the customers to support the sales and marketing teams.
- Lead customer onboarding, build and deliver highly technical product training, and follow up with the customer to ensure maximum usage of the tool post implementation.
- Provide training for internal stakeholders in general sales, technical and sales support teams.
- Make product feature design recommendations to the engineering team, address their technical questions and represent the product expertise of Cheminformatics software product.
- Lead scientific projects with customers and drive results by using our software in customer's med chem projects. This should lead to publications.
- Leverage networking opportunities (i.e. conferences, industry forums, etc.) to gain insights into current trends, build trust around our technology and identify potential sales opportunities.
- Travel may be approximately 20-30% domestically and/or internationally
Who You Are:
- PhD (or MS) in computational chemistry, medicinal chemistry, cheminformatics, or relevant fields
- At least 2 years of experience using cheminformatics/computational 2D and 3D modeling tools for virtual screening, docking, ADMET, and retrosynthesis in drug discovery
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar customer-facing role
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and engage with customers
- MBA a plus
- Experience in demo and training of cheminformatics tools, or any chemistry software solution for Life Science/Pharma/Biotech industry customers
- In-depth understanding of small molecule drug discovery - design, make, test, analysis
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment, agile and face-paced teams
- Self-driven, results-oriented leader with proven collaborative working style
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html