Show All Results
Warehouse Operator 1
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Warehouse Operator 1 at MilliporeSigma’s Allentown, PA site will support the shipment of customer orders following procedures and guidelines for selecting, checking, packing and unpacking inbound and outbound shipments. Daily tasks to include the following:
- Check chemicals, catalog number, lot number, special requests information, unit size, and weights against order documentation found in packing instructions
- Pack the material, following established procedures and instructions while complying with hazard regulations
- Apply all required labels and markings to box to comply with hazardous materials regulations
- Stage finished boxes to be metered and shipped
- Accurately and neatly pull material from stock areas
- Stage completed orders to the appropriate area of the facility
- Use proper equipment for appropriate order (size of order, weight, etc.,)
- Unload inbound trucks
- Unpack shipments for put away
- Put away unpacked items in appropriate areas of warehouse
- Pick up trash and debris in work station and stock areas
- Organize and safely store packing material
- Perform shelf maintenance in stock areas
- Stand, walk and move between areas the entire day
- Shift/hours: 1st shift M-F, 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Who you are
- High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years of industrial experience
- Ability to read, speak, hear and understand written and oral communications in English
- Ability to operate pallet jack, selecting carts, packing equipment (tape machines, etc.,) and various cutting instruments
- Ability to operate PCs and printers
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html