Show All Results
Manufacturing Operator 1
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Manufacturing Operator 1 at MilliporeSigma will produce and purify chemical compounds to meet the needs of our customers by completing the following tasks on a daily basis:
- Produce and purify chemical compounds to meet the requirements of MilliporeSigma customers
- Stage materials operating a variety of warehouse equipment
- Basic operation of vessels, tanks, dryers, and other related equipment
- Perform in-process analytical testing including work-ups and simple interpretations as described in the Master Production Record
- Perform distillations, filtrations, and extractions to isolate and purify product
- Follow and support all safety and quality procedures and systems
- Shift/Hours/Schedule: 3rd shift, 10:00 PM – 6:30 AM, Sunday – Thursday
- Wear an air helmet, respirator mask, safety shoes, rubber apron, chemical protective suits and gloves, safety glasses and goggles to protect from toxic or corrosive chemicals
- Work in an occasional wet, humid or abnormally hot or cold environment
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, or crouch for long periods of time
- Lift and move 50 pounds
- Work with and in proximity of hazardous chemicals
- Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Use a range of office, laboratory, and manufacturing equipment
- Work near moving mechanical parts
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or other science discipline
- Prior industrial work experience or chemical handling experience
- Strong mechanical proficiency
- Mathematical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand written protocols
- Understand chemical reactions and hazards
- Understand ISO and quality systems
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html