Show All Results
Scientist 1 / Study Director
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, as a Scientist/ GLP Study Director your activities will support safety testing required to manufacture clinical and commercial products. Acting as a Study Director, you will be responsible for GLP study design and oversight and scientific integrity of the technical work conducted and associated documentation, data interpretation, and reporting of study results. Requirements also include maintaining a thorough understanding of company testing services, technical principles, and applications as they apply to your position.
- Designs studies and oversees testing in accordance with SOPs and GLP regulations
- Acts as subject matter expert (SME) and maintains a working knowledge of viral clearance procedures and assays
- Maintains complete and comprehensive records for study integrity and performs data analysis
- Utilizes problem solving/trouble shooting skills in real-time
- Utilizes applicable computer programs during routine administration of tasks (i.e. Word, Excel, LIMS, TrackWise, etc.)
- Liaise with Quality Assurance, Project Management, and appropriate cross-functional departmental areas to investigate deviations, communicate study progress, and relay preliminary results to clients
- Creates/revises SOPs, laboratory records and other related documentation
- Performs training of laboratory personnel as needed/assigned
- Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, protocols, processes and equipment
- Acts as key driver/ champion on project teams
- Complies with company health and safety regulations and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Who you are:
- Ph.D. in a scientific discipline (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Virology, etc.), with 1+ years’ laboratory experience
- Master’s Degree in a scientific discipline (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Virology, etc.), with 3+ years’ laboratory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Virology, etc.), with 5+ years’ laboratory experience
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience in GLP or GMP environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that have been demonstrated through presentations/seminars, oversight of projects, implementation of new services, etc.
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly collaborative, but able to work independently
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and leadership capabilities
- Effective coaching and training skills for complex and highly technical work
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html