Show All Results
Scientist - Process Development
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Working in the Contract Testing, Development, and Manufacturing Organization (CTDMO) within the Life Sciences group of MilliporeSigma, this role will support the cGMP BioOrganics unit in the Process and Analytical Development organization. The Process Development Scientist will be responsible for technology transfer and/or development and implementation of robust and cost-effective custom process chemistry into cGMP manufacturing.
- Perform standard organic chemistry manipulations at bench scale and effectively use analytical data to guide process chemistry optimization
- Evaluate process chemistry parameters including consistency, scalability, yield and alignment with target product quality attributes
- Effectively transfer chemical unit operations to cGMP Manufacturing with an emphasis on critical process parameters and safety
- Consistently demonstrate attention to detail in planning, execution and documentation of experimental work
- Deliver timely and comprehensive written (laboratory notebook, operating procedures and reports) and oral communications to both internal and external stakeholders
- Independent management of daily activities, lead project initiatives, lead process improvement initiatives.
- Serves as mentor to less experienced scientists, becoming an emerging subject matter expert with ability to troubleshoot issues as they arise.
Who You are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Engineering or other scientific/engineering discipline with 3+ years of experience in industrial and/or lab organic chemistry
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or other scientific/engineering discipline with 1+ years of experience in industrial and/or lab organic chemistry
- Ph.D in Chemistry, Engineering, or other scientific/engineering discipline
- Experience related to the synthesis and characterization of bio-organic molecules including conjugates thereof (polyaminoacids, polynucleotides, polysaccharides and/or lipids)
- Demonstrated skills in synthetic organic chemistry techniques (theory and practice) with a focus on process chemistry development, implementation and problem-solving
- Experience in organic synthesis methods and routine characterization of reaction intermediates and products
- Excellent time management and verbal/written communication skills
- Customer facing experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as applicable data analysis software
- Excel in a team environment through concise and transparent communication and effective cooperation
- Attention to detail in documentation practices
- Understanding of cGMP guidelines and practices
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html