Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That`s why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimageable with us.
Role - Specialist Taxation
Role Location - Mumbai
Roles and Responsibilities -
PUPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Ensure multiple statutory compliances by adhering to the correct procedure in areas of taxes and legal entities including support of Group level Direct tax matters:
- Ensure correct recording and payment of taxes,
- tax compliances, finalising tax returns, tax audits, transfer pricing audits, computation of advance tax, TDS related matters,
- Finalising periodic (quarterly/yearly) Current Tax Provision/ Deferred Tax workings with Statutory Auditors, Tax auditors and contingent liability status.
- Handling Tax audit and Preparing 3CD annexures & Transfer pricing audit and preparing 3CEB annexures,
- Preparation of Computation of Income and filing online corporate return (including employee Trusts).
- Preparing Advance Tax working and complying with the due dates
- Coordinating for 15CB and preparation of 15CA
- Hands on experience on TDS on purchase of goods and TCS on sale of goods.
- Handling TDS working and e-TDS returns including revised returns.
- Assistance to consultant in representation before Income tax authorities independently for scrutiny assessment / rectification applications / order giving effects / obtaining refunds / other follow ups
- Maintaining track of notices / orders received from IT department. Resolving items in reconciliation and posting tax related entries in SAP.
- Co-ordinating with Finance / accounts department for various matters / data collation
- Good understanding of transfer pricing matters and apprised of latest citations on direct taxes.
- Provide support to all stakeholders in tax matters by - Business advisory Partnering with businesses and pro-actively support in their initiatives including advising on tax implications to ensure an optimized and tax efficient solution in timely manner. Provide regular updates to businesses on tax matters and on the potential impact of new/changes in laws and regulations on the compliance and businesses Entities
- Representation before authorities for Assessments, Audits, hearing etc. including interaction with external parties
- Provide support to FICO team for GL reconciliations, provisions etc.
- Ensure that systems and processes are implemented / amended to meet the new tax requirements. Reviewing the current process and focus on automation of processes to ensure the best in class practice.
- Tax planning: Ideate and implement various tax planning measures w.r.t. investments, obtaining tax credits, claiming of refund of taxes, etc.
- To work closely with the team / business / Group Tax stakeholders / back-office processers, to ensure effective tax compliances, audit handling, audit trails, and ensuring all data controls are focused on automation and meet the speed of evolving tax laws.
- To deal with internal and cross functional teams to drive the projects including of automation projects, M&A, share deals, etc.
- Managing and minimizing the litigations
- Replying audit queries and show cause notices suitably after discussions with the stakeholders, consultants, lawyers and collating the data / documents
- Providing support to business and the stakeholders in tax matters
- Handling internal and external audits incl liaisoning with tax authorities
- Filing appeals, attending hearings and follow-up with tax authorities and expedite favaourable orders and minimise litigations
- Tax compliances in line with statutory provisions
- Timely payment of statutory dues by ensuring that there is no penal interest liability
- Participation in tax forums to gain current knowledge, and guiding teams on basic tax compliances.
- Provide finance related support in case of M&A, Legal entity restructuring
- Ensure clear reconcilation of tax assets/liabilities of books of accounts with Electronic Ledgers of Revenue department.
- Ensure smooth closure of tax/statutory/regulatory audits, periodic book closures, annual accounts/returns
- Play a critical role in IT automations and ensure multiple periodic reconciliations and drive for automation of processes to accelerate the team results and making the processes system driven.
- Support to implement the latest process for tax compliances. Evaluate activities, policies, practices, and transactions to ensure they comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Conducting periodic Risk assessment and reporting for the processes and enabling stakeholder to consider mitigation controls
- Work with Manager Taxation to sensitize the organization of any potential changes in law, that can change business direction
- Working closely with Business to understand business / pricing / tax implications
- Ability to influence relevant stakeholders in major decision-making process
- Participate in local / global projects that will have financial / operational impact
SCOPE OF PEOPLE RESPONSIBILITY
- Periodically, perform and supervise activities for tax compliances and aiding various stakeholders in case of any difficulties
- Proper allocation of work among team members, weeding redundancy at regular intervals
- Guiding and motivating the team for completing the job in time bound manner
- Having one to one discussion with peers / team members to understand and sort out their issues
- Inculcating Leadership behaviour irrespective of the role of the team
- Enable diversity within teams, job rotation and career growth
- Working closely with Business to understand implications on pricing / business scenarios changes.
- Collaborating with auditors, accounting and finance staff for financial year end closings.
- Working with legal counsels for compliance reporting/litigations.
- Must be a CA, Legal degree will be an advantage.
- SAP knowledge must
- Business fluent English both written and verbal is mandatory, additional regional languages will be an asset
WORK EXPERIENCE / Targeted Company
- 6-7 years’ experience in companies with manufacturing and services
- Implemented projects like Tax Collected at Source, WHT automation, ERP roll outs (Implementation of GST an added advantage)
- Managed assessments, with successful results
- Operational knowledge in tax laws.
- Had worked in company with multiple business scenarios setups and collaborated with business
JOB-SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Ability to multitask various tax laws, good negotiation and conflict resolution skills, active listening skills, good verbal and written communication skills, including ability to support on presentations wrt business scenario changes.
- Matured personality to lead with regulators
- Established or quickly build up internal network with business management is key
- Ability to prioritize well and define own working priorities in a 'maze' of potentially conflicting demands, expectations, and requests
- Strong interpersonal skills in an expert, senior executive and multi-cultural environment
- Strong result orientation and communication with impact
- Strong problem-solving skills, curious and creative mind, strategic and analytical thinking
- Strong “can do”/self-starter attitude
- Committed team member and contributor, receptive to feedback
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!