Show All Results
Sr. Lab Automation Engineer
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
As an Sr Lab Automation Engineer within the Digitization & Automation group, your primary responsibilities will be to provide support to daily operation of robotic platforms(s) and laboratory automation. The role would require an expertise in commercial automation equipment and liquid handling systems, and experience with laboratory integration.
Essential Job Functions:
· Program automation software and integrate new protocols with LIMS and peripheral devices.
· Liaise closely with management, IT teams and end users (including support staff) to understand needs and requirements to aid in automation implementation.
· Validate, adapt and customize new and current robotic equipment to support the automation of the lab processes.
· Provide hands-on technical and troubleshooting support to manufacturing operations
· Continuously analyze and improve current automation solution and interface in the lab by applying state of the art technology.
· Design, develop and execute procedures for various software and hardware configuration with redundancy planning.
· Lead, manage and own timelines with periodic review with different stakeholders. Clearly communicate project progress and issues to peers.
· Integrate and connect different robotic platforms into highly automated production lines by using best practice for both the individual platforms and their integration.
· Develop and/or customize software components for the communication between the robotic platforms and the LIMS system as well as software components for the scheduling of lab processes in the automated production line
· Work together with the process chemists to design and implement specific methods / protocols for the production environment.
· Lead troubleshooting for downtime related to automation projects.
· Leadership acumen to analyze data and make strategic decisions.
· Stay current with the assigned SOPs and stay current to the market by collaborating with internal and external expertise.
Who You Are:
· MS degree in technical field (ie. Engineering, Computer Science etc.) and 3+ years’ experience programming and writing scripts for liquid handling equipment OR BS degree in a technical field (ie. Engineering, Computer Science etc.) and 5+ years’ experience programming and writing scripts for liquid handling equipment.
· Programming experience in C# or C++.
· Experience with Liquid Handling Platforms. Would be very good to have Hamilton experience. (System integration hardware and software as well)
· Understanding of GxP regulations and guidelines including 21 CFR Part 11.
· Lead by example and work collaboratively with cross functional teams to advance digitization of processes in the field of biosafety testing
· Experience writing technical documents and keeping up to date on development studies
· Excellent communication and facilitation skills (ability to lead cross-functional meetings, demonstrated ability to bring consensus among diverse cross- functional teams).
· Experience aligning with cross site teams to coordinate implementation of global applications.
· Lead by example and work collaboratively with cross functional teams to advance digitization of processes in the field of biosafety testing.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html