Show All Results
Senior IT Specialist - Windows Server Administrator
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Your role: Join our Client Management team! It is within our Global IT Digital Workplace. Our team is responsible for managing global hardware standards, client images, software packaging and distribution, security patch management, and Citrix-based virtual desktops. Equipment like SCCM, WSUS and further specific tools are in-use, embedded in a global Active Directory structure. The team works together with other infrastructure units like Network-, IAM- and Security teams, provides input and collaborates with the Global Service Desk and structures services based on requirements from application and business units.
As Senior IT Specialist, you are responsible for:
• Creation, Modification and Linking of Group Policy Objects
• Security Group- & WMI filtering
• Client Hardening based on Microsoft´s Security Baseline
• Delegation of Group Policy Management
• Documentation of Client related policies incl. change documentation
• Configuration (machine and AD based) and maintenance of our Windows image
• Support in troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis for global issues in the topics above
• Coordination with internal teams and vendors; contribution to internal and external escalation management processes
• Creation of related policies and global standards
• Creation and maintaining of documentation, Knowledge-Documents and Working-Instructions
Specific knowledge and competencies required:
• Verifiable knowledge and expertise of Desktop Engineering
• Detailed knowledge about Windows 10 and 11
• In-depth knowledge about Enterprise-Administration of Windows devices with Group Based Policies (GPOs)
• Tool Skills: Active Directory Users & Computers; Group Policy Management; Advanced Group Policy Management; Policy Analyzer; Quest AD Tools like Active Roles
• Profound experience with configuration management tools like SCCM
• Experience with hardware selection and testing processes
• Support processes with interfacing Service Desk, Field Service, Manager on Duty and 3rd level support
• The following certificates would be beneficial: “Managing Windows Environments with Group Policy”; “Implementing and Managing Windows 10”; “Deploying and Managing Windows 10 Using Enterprise Services”; “Installing and Configuring Windows 10”; “Administering Systems Center Configuration Manager”
General skills and qualifications required:
• Min. Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years in IT in a large enterprise environment
• Fluent in English
• You enjoy working across different teams and cultures and work constructively together in a global company
• ITIL processes like Incident-, Problem-, Change- and Service Continuity management
• Familiarity with regulatory processes like GxP
• Writing scripts (Powershell)
Please submit your CV in English.
Salary starts at 3,750 EUR and is dependent upon relevant experience.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!