Show All Results
Plant Maintenance Specialist
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As a Plant Maintenance Specialist at MilliporeSigma, your role revolves around maintaining and enhancing the performance of precision chemical manufacturing equipment and critical facilities, such as HVAC systems, life and safety equipment, and power backup systems. Your expertise in executing preventative maintenance tasks with meticulous precision will ensure minimal downtime and maximum efficiency. You will showcase your technical prowess in diagnosing and repairing equipment malfunctions, and contribute to equipment rebuilding projects, extending the lifespan and performance of essential machinery. From assembling new equipment to troubleshooting complex machinery, your versatility will be crucial in upholding smooth and efficient operations. Above all, you will be a safety champion, strictly adhering to protocols to safeguard yourself, your teammates, and the integrity of the processes you support.
- Implement the preventative maintenance (PM) program for production assets and facility by diligently following written procedures for routine maintenance tasks and ensuring good-practice documentation
- Troubleshoot and repair facility and production equipment
- Undertake project-related facility/infrastructure upgrades as assigned by your manager
- Efficiently undertake project-related production equipment upgrades, oversee commissioning processes, and diligently fulfill any additional duties as assigned by your manager
- Execute various administrative duties with precision, including conducting training sessions, maintaining the shop area, sourcing maintenance spares, resolving safety concerns, and actively participating in the periodic review of revision-controlled documents
- Equipment you will be maintaining:
- Fixed piping and valves
- HVAC air handlers, ductwork, and VFDs
- Electrical and plumbing (water, gas, chemical) infrastructure
- Facility fire and security systems
- Chemical dispensing and liquid handling robots
- Analytic and purification instruments
- Lift, push, and or pull up to 50lbs individually
- Work in tight spaces within instrumentation (hands and arms only)
Who you are
- High school diploma or GED
- 7+ years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to troubleshoot and understand the difference between mechanical, electrical, or controls issue
- Associates degree or trade school completion in technical field
- Lock out tag out experience
- 2+ years experience in manufacturing laboratory environment
- 7+ years experience supervising, performing, and/or inspecting electrical work
- 5+ years experience troubleshooting electromechanical systems
- 5+ years experience troubleshooting PLC-controlled automated machines and components
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html