Show All Results
Principal Scientist, Quantitative Pharmacology
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
The Principal Scientist Translational Quantitative Pharmacology (TQP) position in Quantitative Pharmacology within the broader Clinical Measurement Sciences organization is a scientific and cross-functional role, responsible for developing and executing Model Informed Drug Development (MIDD) plans and strategies from early project discovery to late-stage clinical development.
This position will be responsible for all TQP assignments either executed internally or in collaboration with external TQP related CROs by providing close scientific and technical supervision. The incumbent will be expected to manage multiple projects simultaneously and participate in discussions and presentations.
Who You Are:
- At least 3 years in industry and/or academia in a relevant background
- A PhD in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biomedical/Chemical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or a related discipline with a proven track record of applying modeling and simulation approaches to biological problems
- Fluency in English
- Hands-on experience with translational PK/PD and/ or Quantitative Systems Pharmacology modeling and simulation for translation of biology knowledge and preclinical data to inform human dose predictions and clinical development
- In-depth hands-on experience with modeling software (such as; MatLab, R, Phoenix/WinNonlin, NONMEM, Monolix etc)
- Experience with DDI predictions using appropriate static and dynamic approaches (SimCyp) are desirable
- Experience with toxicological predictions using tools such as DILI Sym/RenaSym for hepatic and renal toxicity respectively is highly desirable
- Openness to fresh ideas and new perspectives to be gathered from working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Flexibility and keen pursuit of innovation throughout all phases of the drug discovery and development process
- A desire to develop and grow by way of taking responsibility and engaging in additional tasks and operations.
- Ability to work independently and deliver results in a timely manner
- Publications in conference proceedings and peer-reviewed journals are encouraged
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate and summarize outcomes of modeling and simulation analysis as relevant for discovery and development projects
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html