Show All Results
Posted 22 May 2023
Carrigtwohill, Cork - Ireland
Req Id 264712
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Reporting to the Senior Quality Engineer, the Quality Engineer is responsible for managing the operational quality aspects associated with product manufacture and release. You will work as part of a cross-functional team to ensure compliance to quality systems and will drive, support and implement continuous improvement projects.
As Quality Engineer you will perform all activities in an efficient and competent manner with due regard to safety and quality, while ensuring a positive team environment and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manage the technical quality aspects for area of responsibility and work closely with the operations team to achieve all key department metrics.
- Responsible for all operational quality aspects of product manufacture and release.
- Ensure key quality metrics such as CAPA management, Right First Time, Complaints etc are consistently achieved.
- Ensure thorough investigation of Quality issues using Root Cause Analysis methodology and implementation of robust corrective and preventative actions to prevent recurrence.
- Maintain compliance of the QMS to applicable corporate, quality and regulatory standards.
- Participate in the review of quality trends, identify opportunities for continuous improvement and complete improvement projects using OpEx tools. Support the implementation of continuous improvement projects with the operations team.
- Participate in and support the internal and external audit programmes.
- Support the successful validation and qualification of process and raw material changes.
- Support introduction of new products into the site as per the required quality and regulatory standards.
- Maintain strong communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with vendors and customers on quality related issues, internal and external.
- Supervise team of Quality Technicians/Quality Inspectors as required.
- Adhere to all company EHS guidelines and Quality procedures.
- Additional duties as required.
WHO YOU ARE
- B.Sc. in an appropriate Science/Quality Assurance discipline or equivalent
- Thorough, practical and persistent self-starter with strong motivation
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills
- Strong written communication skills with proven technical and report writing competencies
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment
- Effective time-management skills to meet deadlines
- Good problem-solving skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!