Show All Results
Packaging Technician 1
Posted 15 May 2023
Cleveland, Ohio - United States
Req Id 264524
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
At MilliporeSigma, the Packaging Operator 1 perform operations starting with material receipt, down filling, and distribution from our facility in Cleveland, Ohio. The Operator is responsible for receipt of materials, packaging products, and shipment of products following established procedures and controls. Deliver high quality products to our customers by precisely adhering to procedures and standards while performing their job duties.
- Clearly document activities performed and maintain a clean facility.
- Unloads procured materials from delivery vehicles, inspects materials for quality defects, and labels materials with system generated labels.
- Conducts material identification testing and prints reports.
- Moves and stages materials, components, and utensils utilizing electric walk behind tow motors and manual pallet jacks.
- Generates records and labels using approved master templates.
- Manually portions chemicals (e.g., amino acids) into containers precisely following standard operating procedures (SOPs) and batch record instructions.
- Samples products for Quality Control (QC) testing.
- Cleans and labels finished good containers.
- Conducts material and product inspections and room clearances.
- Boxes, palletizes, and wraps finished goods.
- Generates finished goods shipping documentation.
- Loads delivery vehicles with pallets of finished goods using an electric walk behind tow motor.
- Completes documentation (e.g., batch records, logbooks, forms, etc.) following Good Documentation Practices and using ALCOA (accurate, legible, contemporaneous, original, attributable) principles.
- Performs SAP transactions.
- Promptly reports deviations, discrepancies, and abnormalities to management and assists in determining root cause and identifying corrective actions.
- Maintains facility housekeeping by cleaning and disinfecting operating areas at prescribed intervals and per procedure.
- Performs housekeeping and safety inspections and reports results.
- Manages inventory of cleaning supplies, personal protective equipment (PPE), and utensils.
- Actively participate in a proactive safety culture, identifying hazards, making suggestions for improvement, coaching coworkers on safety, and working incident-free.
- Actively participates in company provided training and performs electronic training within the allocated time.
- Maintains a positive attitude, works well with peers and management level employees, accepts constructive feedback, helps to identify problems and improvements, and has a desire to learn.
- Monday - Thursday 6AM - 4:30PM
Frequently sitting, standing, walking, using hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
Follow general personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements as established by company policy including a respirator, no perfume/cologne, and nails must be kept and unpainted.
Lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Ability to perform all functions in a safe and timely manner in accordance with OSHA standards and general rules and regulations governing the workplace.
- Troubleshooting skills.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html