Show All Results
Solution Architect - Node JS (REMOTE)
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This position will be responsible for the overall front end architecture of our applications, both internal and external. You will manage activities that take place during solution ideation, solution design, and solution implementation. The Senior Solution Architect will work with backend service providers to consume RESTful web services, views with the help of HTML/CSS/JS developers, UX/UI Designers, and Business/Functional Analysts.
- Responsible for Front-End development support and guiding code standards, front end system architecture
- Consumption of RESTFUL web services into views, state stores models, and event-driven behaviors as specified by UX/UI design team
- Isomorphic / Universal rendering of pages on server and client
- Lead in the development of customized e-commerce and web application solutions
- Own Front-End Architecture
- Maintain Code quality through thorough testing, code reviews and refactoring.
- Responsible for assisting in the establishment of an IT Architecture practice, and the adoption of an architecture and standards methodology.
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures.
- Champions a structured approach to business application solutions.
- Assures solutions not only are a fit for the specific purpose but also closely align with the standards guidelines of technology solutions.
- Influences changes to standards when necessary.
- Develops and executes solutions which further reduce the percentage of time spent on reactive work.
Who you are:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years leading technical development team
- 5+ years working in front-end development roles on technical team
- 3+ years’ experience in Node js
- Experience using Agile development practices
- Strong knowledge and understanding of API driven development; (REST, JSON, HTTP methods)
- Strong knowledge of version control systems (Git preferred)
- Working knowledge of modern CSS frameworks, best-practices, and responsive design
- Working knowledge of UX design principles, Search Engine Optimization, Information Architecture
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with CI/CD processes
- Proficiency in English
- Experience working on e-commerce or large-scale web applications
- Experience with statically typed JS (TypeScript, Flow)
- Experience with Node deployments
- Experience working on international teams
- Demonstrated experience using API, service-oriented architecture and building scalable applications
- Experience with writing tests using Jest, Jasmine, Mocha, or similar
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html