Show All Results
Oncology Pharmaceutical Sales Pharmaceutical Sales Territory Manager, Seattle, WA
Posted 12 May 2023
Seattle, Washington - United States
Req Id 264444
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Oncology Territory Manager (OTM) is a field sales position covering Seattle, WA. You will deliver on aggressive but realistic targets for revenue growth and profitability by executing brand objectives through innovative strategies, excellence in customer engagement and rigorous account planning. The OTM will be responsible for promoting Bavencio and its approved indications, launch of future Bavencio indications and other potential products from the EMD Serono pipeline. As a key member of a high performing team including Marketing, Managed Markets and Medical, the OTM will manage sales at the territory level and serve as the primary liaison between customers and EMD Serono. The position requires domestic travel 50-70%.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategically identify and enact ways to put patients and customers first, demonstrating behaviors and prioritizing those tasks which will enable delivery of medicines to patients with greater speed and increase the ability to help create, improve, and prolong patients’ lives
- Drive revenues via innovative strategies and tactics: including excellence in customer engagement and account planning
- Achieve Area quarterly and annual sales objectives through implementation of company and U.S. Oncology sales direction
- Achieve short and long-term sales objectives by identifying customer needs and providing solutions to create a professional relationship between the customer and EMD Serono
- Build customer alliances and maintain relationships with key HCP’s, physician practices, and hospitals/clinics, practice managers across various practice settings, including major cancer centers.
- Develop local/national KOL’s
- Be a market expert having deep market, customer, product and competitive insights. Understand the changing healthcare landscape and strategically adapt to succeed in this ever-changing environment.
- Achieve maximum individual potential, including excellence in product and disease state understanding, alignment with brand strategy, selling skills, account plan tracking, resource optimization and effective collaboration with co-promotion and alliance partners
- Develop Territory Business Plans consistent with the business unit strategy
- Maintain an expert operating knowledge of all company policies and guidelines including but not limited to those addressing Interactions with Healthcare Professionals, Compliance, Business Conduct and PhRMA. Ensure compliance with all Company, industry and government laws or guidelines regarding ethical standards
- Accountable for overall territory revenue
- Optimize area budgets and monitor all area expenditures to ensure optimal use of resources
- Fully participate in field coaching sessions with agreed frequency, including receiving guidance, positive reinforcement, and corrective action where needed with a focus on the execution of accounts plans and competency development to ensure sales growth
- Demonstrate strong critical analysis and planning skills in reviewing data, understanding trends, preparing and communicating applicable plans
- Successfully complete ongoing training and development to include product knowledge, selling skills, goal setting, planning and analysis, use of marketing tools and clinical information and sales competencies
- Work collaboratively and manage ongoing communication and tactical coordination with EMD Serono field and headquarters colleagues
- Demonstrate competency and fluency in business plan writing and communications and presentations
- Maintain frequent communication with the ABD
- Demonstrate leadership with peer groups
- A valid and active driver’s license
Who You Are:
- B.S., B.A. Degree
- 5+ years of sales experience in the pharmaceutical/ healthcare industry with demonstration of successful results.
- Experience in Oncology Sales is preferred and specialty biologics markets highly desirable.
- Advanced degree a plus
- Additional language skills may be considered a plus
- Success record consistently driving and maintaining strong results
- Experience selling a multi-product portfolio highly desired
- Scientific or clinical background desirable
- In-depth understanding of the oncology landscape and market dynamics is highly desirable
- Pharmaceutical marketing experience developing marketing programs and materials for healthcare professionals and patients a plus
- Strong expertise in reimbursement and managed care knowledge a plus
- Launch experiences a strong plus
- Management of a co-promote partnership/alliance is highly desirable
- Current understanding of pharmaceutical and promotional compliance guidelines and regulations required
- Proficient with Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Home Office/Headquarters experience is a plus
- Located within the territory boundaries
Pay Range for this position - $49,500 - $148,900++
Our ranges incorporate all levels and career types available within this specific role, and are derived from relevant industry market data. Should we decide to make an offer, we will consider several factors, including but not limited to your location, skills, experience, career level, and other job-related factors. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; paid time off; and paid holidays; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html