Show All Results
Customer Service Representative
Posted 15 May 2023
Allentown, Pennsylvania - United States
Req Id 264300
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
The Transportation Specialist/Customer Service Representative position includes a broad range of responsibilities supporting all phases of order entry and transportation planning for equipment manufactured at our Delivery Systems (DS) equipment manufacturing facility. The incumbent is accountable for transactional and coordination efforts supporting order entry, customer communications, order scheduling, delivery creation, and coordination/consolidation of domestic and international shipments. The ideal candidate will possess process/technical knowledge to interact with quality, operations, sales, services, and sourcing teams internally. A strong customer focus, attention to detail, and extreme accuracy are required for order processing/status and coordination of shipments in a fast-paced environment. This position reports to the DS&S Business Operations Manager.
- Complete order entry into the enterprise resource planning system, maintaining >98% accuracy
- Manage the invoicing of all Field Services and Megasys orders
- Create deliveries and shipments based on sales and stock transport orders for domestic and international shipments
- Schedule shipments of manufactured and purchased materials to customer or field locations to maintain >98% On-time delivery
- Provide a focus contact point for all customer accounts
- Coordinate International imports and exports
- Communicate sales order information to customers, internal and external, as required
- Interface with customers by phone and e-mail
- Interface with planning, sales, engineering, manufacturing, accounting, and product management
- Comply with established processes and procedures, including standard business processes, global trade compliance regulations, and safety standards
Who You Are:
- Associate degree AND 2+ years’ experience in a transportation planning or customer service-focused role within a manufacturing environment
- High School Diploma AND 4+ years’ experience in a transportation planning or customer service-focused role within a manufacturing environment
- Independent, motivated individual
- Proven success in applying problem-solving and analytical skills
- Critical attention to detail and investigation skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience collaborating with diverse, global teams to meet business and customer needs
- Logical and creative thinker
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with gas source and delivery systems
- Existing transactional roles in SAP
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html