Show All Results
Associate Scientist 3 - Digital Systems
Posted 15 May 2023
Rockville, Maryland - United States
Req Id 264165
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As an Associate Scientist 3 – Digital Systems, your activities will primarily support the design, development, and integration of digital solutions capable of improving efficiency in operational workflows across our business. You will have a broad understanding of the software and systems used in the laboratory testing life cycle, and ensure all digital solutions meet accepted quality standards and regulatory practices. You will act as a technical liaison to the business, coordinating with the Operations, Digitalization & Automation, IT and Quality teams.
- Executes technical builds of assigned digital records
- Oversees the implementation process of assigned digital records
- Participates in Computer Systems Validation (CSV) activities
- Resolves enhancement requests/ post go live actions
- Assists with training of laboratory personnel as needed
Who You Are:
- Master’s Degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Biology, Chemistry etc.) with 1+ years laboratory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Biology, Chemistry etc.) with 3+ years laboratory experience
- Associate’s Degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Biology, Chemistry etc.) with 5+ years laboratory experience
- Experience with LIMS based systems and Electronic Lab Notebooks (ELN)
- Proficient Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team-based environment
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and leadership capabilities
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html