Show All Results
Lab Systems Application Engineer
Posted 05 May 2023
Burlington, Massachusetts - United States
Req Id 263949
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
As a Laboratory Systems Application Engineer in the Digital Operations and Smart Manufacturing Team, you will oversee several parallel internal projects that serve our Life Sciences laboratory systems across North America (within both GxP and Non-GxP environments). You will be responsible for implementation and supporting the future technology strategy roadmaps. This position is responsible in ensuring quality laboratory systems project delivery in the North America Life Sciences business. This role will interface with critical teams such as Quality, Business and Life Sciences IT (LSIT) globally while also being adaptable to help solve technical problems as required.
Position can be based at any US site.
- Responsible project implementation and integration of global LIMS, ELN, SDMS, CDS, and/or other applications across the Life Sciences Manufacturing Quality Laboratory Operations.
- Quality first mentality. Hands-on experience implementing software in ISO and 21 CFR part 11 compliance.
- Support leader for problem and change management, at a technical level, for all the assigned portfolio laboratory systems.
- Coordinate with adjacent IT and business organizations to support project implementation.
- Facilitate communication with leadership and other key strategy stakeholders on financial and delivery status of portfolio
- Responsible for ensuring project milestones, objectives and budget are met.
- Appropriately set and manage project expectations with key stakeholders given project input assumptions & strategy.
Scope of People Responsibility
- Partner with site teams, IT, and Quality to implement key, strategic technologies in the laboratory environment.
- Effectively communicate and escalate issues to leadership as needed.
- Partner with project and portfolio team to ensure timelines and budget are managed and reporting.
- Education: BA/BS required, BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or Chemistry/Sciences
- 5+ years of implementing quality laboratory systems (LIMS, ELN, CDS, SDMS) in a global, multi-site, environment
- Vendor applicable certifications/documented training in LabWare, LabVantage, Empower, and/or Agilent Technologies
- English Language required
- Travel percentage up to 20% (domestic)
- Remote work options may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved by the Company.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html