Show All Results
Quality Control Chemist - Membrane Facility
Posted 11 May 2023
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin - United States
Req Id 263947
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
The Quality Control Chemist (Membrane Facility) at MilliporeSigma in Sheboygan Falls, WI will be part of our new, state of the art membrane facility and will support the transfer of methods and processes from our Cork, Ireland facility. The chemist will be responsible for the manufacture of membranes used in lateral flow rapid diagnostic tests. Daily tasks and responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform laboratory operations, evaluate products, and provide technical support
- Assist with planning and development of lab procedures (e.g., test methods, validation protocols) based on a technology transfer from Cork, Ireland
- Perform analytical test procedures accurately and independently on incoming raw materials, in-process materials, and product release
- Train personnel and act as a technical consultant, both inside and outside the department
- Participate in audits, inspections, investigations, and corrective actions to maintain a high level of quality
- Identify opportunities for process improvements in compliance with change control procedures
- Support functions in the lab (e.g., preparing reagents, calibrating equipment, waste disposal)
- Shift/Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Mon-Fri
Who You Are
- B.S. or B.A. Degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or other life science discipline
- 2 or more years of quality or laboratory experience
- Knowledge in chemistry, math, and general science
- Experience in safe handling of chemicals
- Familiarity with laboratory instrumentation and techniques
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Background of independent lab research or data analysis
- 4 or more years of quality or laboratory experience
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html