Show All Results
Head of Sales, Synthesis & ADC CDMO
Posted 21 Apr 2023
St. Louis, Missouri - United States
Req Id 263596
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
- Leading a global Sales Development team accountable for executing the go-to-market strategy, positioning, and sales tactics for Synthesis & ADC CDMO (SAC) offering.
- Be comfortable in a negotiation context to close complex business deals with client executives.
- Meet or exceed the yearly orders and revenues targets.
- Set up appropriate workflows across internal and external stakeholder groups to ensure efficient and effective Commercial Team delivery.
- Maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities, tracked rigorously in Salesforce.com.
- Provide reports about projects, prospects, forecasts, and orders won / lost analysis, to the Management.
- Analyze market competition and trends and maintain a strong understanding of industry dynamics.
- Provide input to all internal stakeholders for new service development / outline gaps in our offering.
- Drive introduction of new offerings (services, templates, selected products) to the clients, consultants, opinion leaders and account managers.
- Build a revenue backlog that enables the Synthesis & ADC CDMO business to deliver against the Operating Plan.
- Help fulfill the Life Sciences strategic initiative by providing subject matter input, and promoting and generating an end-to-end sustainable business.
- Contribute to the longer-term growth of Life Sciences products by seeding CDMO services from early development down to commercial GMP batch manufacturing.
- Provide industry insights and subject matter expertise to contribute to the strategy definition of the CDMO services, OP planning, and associated Go to Market.
- Partner with the global commercial organization to develop the global commercial operating model needed to successfully execute across modalities and geographies.
- Drive a high standard and level of performance from opportunity generation / project qualification to contract signature for the SAC CDMO Services planning unit.
- Drive the execution of a high-performing global group of sales and proposal writing teams to build a healthy portfolio of client programs that enable the short-and long-term business objectives for the Planning Unit (SAC) and Business Unit (Life Science Services, LSS).
- Responsible to continually and consistently increase our market share and sales by identifying new business opportunities, as well as maintaining and growing existing client accounts.
- Lead teams including Business Development Managers and Proposal Writers across the assigned business areas (SAC) to define and illustrate our competitive advantage and build upon our reputation for excellence globally. Close collaboration with Global Functions and Operations is a key component of this role.
- Drive optimal organization design and resource utilization with the assigned functions (business development, field marketing, proposal writers).
- Identify and address performance issues within the SAC sales organization; set a high standard across all teams and employees.
- Collaborate closely with the modality leads, Strategic Marketing, global commercial and operational functions, technical & operations stakeholders as well as Strategy teams, to deliver a healthy pipeline and revenue backlog for the modalities: ADCs, HPAPIs, and mRNA.
- Manufacturing sites in focus are Madison/Verona, St Louis/Cherokee, Indianapolis, Schaffhausen, and Hamburg/Darmstadt.
- Work with Operations and Finance to drive profitability metrics.
- Partner with global commercial functions (Pricing/Contracting, Sales Effectiveness, Strategic Accounts, Marcom) to execute on key commercial priorities and fully leverage existing commercial tools and processes.
- Partner with other planning unit sales teams as needed to execute on cross-PU contracts.
- Establishes and maintains influential relationships at all levels at client, but particularly at senior VP / CEO levels of targeted accounts.
- Build collaborations with clients for long term and top-level relationships in order to help fulfill their strategic manufacturing objectives.
- Establish and cultivate network of influencers, e.g., (CMC) consultants.
Who you are:
- Bachelor or above degree in Chemistry Sciences or Biotech/Life Science CDMO industry or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of leadership experience or 3+ years in management level
- 10+ years of direct related experience
- Leadership skills in managing change, influencing others outside areas of direct responsibility, attracting/developing talent
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, drive to succeed, motivator of people
- Strong situational leadership - ability to couple high performance standards and can-do attitude with strong coaching, and empowerment approach
- Ability and proven track record to build and grow high performing teams
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills based on analytical strengths, active listening, and a diversity mindset
- Identify gaps in performance limiting our ability to meet/exceed customer and market expectations
- Influence client decision making through a deep understanding of the preclinical, clinical and commercial development process
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Solid understanding of CDMO processes; influence client decision making through a deep understanding of the preclinical, clinical and commercial development process
- BA, or concepts in sales management and strategic operations is a plus
- Experience with regulated products or services preferred
Preferred locations: Madison - WI or St. Louis - MO
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html