Show All Results
EHS Environmental Specialist 2
Posted 20 Apr 2023
Cleveland, Ohio - United States
Req Id 263524
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
A highly driven, self-starter who takes pride in supporting all levels of the organization to maintain a safe, compliant working environment.
• Follow all policies and procedures, including proper waste characterization/disposal, LO/TO, CSE, regulatory inspections, etc.
• Air compliance, including monthly and annual air emissions, refrigerant tracking, and emission control devices compliance, boiler and generator recordkeeping, etc.
• Waste compliance, including waste profiling, manifest tracking, monthly and annual reporting, biennial report preparation, managing contractor pickup of waste, etc.
• Wastewater compliance, including calculating sewer discharge calculations, coordinating sampling with contractors, ensuring compliance with the permit, etc.
• Sustainability reporting, including tracking and reporting monthly recycling, entering all site utility information, ensuring recordkeeping is maintained, etc.
• Some training and monitoring may include shift work (12-hour shifts, night schedules, and/or rotating shifts working during various days of the week)
• Follow and assist with development of management system documentation (ISO 9001, 14001, and development of 45001)
- A Shift: Monday - Friday 8AM - 4:30PM
Who you are:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Science, or Environmental Engineering or Bachelor of Science Degree and 3+ years EHS-related experience in the chemical, specialty chemical, and/or pharmaceutical industry
• 1+ years of experience in industrial manufacturing air, waste, or wastewater
• OR 1+ years of experience with Title V (TV) and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) practices
• OR 1+ years of experience with Safety and Environmental compliance standards within chemical manufacturing
• 3+ years of previous EHS compliance-related experience in the chemical, specialty chemical, or pharmaceutical industry
• Understanding of leak detection and repair (LDAR), refrigerant tracking, Ohio EPA eBusiness center, and TRI/Tier 2 reporting
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html