Show All Results
Posted 04 May 2023
Breinigsville, Pennsylvania - United States
Req Id 263354
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Electrical Engineer is an onsite position in Breinigsville, PA.
As an Electrical Engineer for our specialty gas and liquid delivery equipment, you are an integral part of the success of our Delivery Systems and Services business. The business demands that you prioritize safety, quality, reliability, and efficiency. You will help creating the engineering solutions to the problems facing the advancement of the electronics industry.
- Works under the direction of Engineering Supervisor.
- Utilize independent judgment to perform the day-to-day project duties, produces Electrical schematic drawings, Panel layouts, System Interconnect, and documentation in accordance with established design and scope including Electrical Load calculation, Thermal load calculation, Short-Circuit current rating calculation and Design layout of Electrical grounding and bonding.
- Work closely with Project team, Electrical Engineers, Product Engineers, and Control Engineers to meet Project needs and Provide Integrated solutions.
- Ensures electrical system design comply with all applicable installation codes, regulations, and standards (USA and Europe).
- Interface with project and product engineers during the design, execution, and startup phase of projects.
- Provide Support and assist to Project and Product Engineers for Existing products and new product developments as needed.
- Develop and review Electrical design and technical specification.
- Assist in the development of equipment qualification test procedures, evaluate test results, and release final documents.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including positive interaction skills
- Conducting failure-Analysis of electronic assemblies.
- Writing reports.
Who You Are:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or similar engineering discipline
- 5+ years of experience in electrical design of low voltage(24VDC-480VAC) in Semiconductor/ Chemical/ Pharmaceutical Industries, or equivalent.
- Experience with developing obsolescence solutions for electrical components, including reverse engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in Solidworks/Draftsight/AutoCAD, OrCAD or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge and experience of the National Electric Code (NFPA 70/79), CE/IEC standards, and NEMA/IP ratings.
- Great understanding of Electrical Hardware(400VAC-120VAC) and Control circuit design(24VDC) for PCB and PLC's, process-related instrumentations, and Heaters for GasGuard/Chem Guard and PolyFlow products.
- Detail oriented with a solid understanding of drafting standards and design fundamentals.
- Strong attention to design detail, regarding specifications, codes, and other regulatory standards.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Must work well both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to debug digital, analog, and DC-circuits.
- Experience using oscilloscopes, multimeters, bench power supplies, and other lab equipment.
- Experience in surface-mount and thru-hole soldering.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Good understanding of electrical hardware including control circuits, process-related instrumentations, and heaters
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html