Show All Results
Medical Science Liaison, Neurology
Posted 12 Apr 2023
Toronto, Ontario - Canada
Req Id 263205
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) – Neurology & Immunology, you will support EMD Serono, Canada and hold scientific exchanges and assist in the development and execution scientific activities dictated by the Medical plans within the Neurology & Immunology franchise.
The Medical Science Liaison position facilitates the establishment of strong, reciprocal relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and the communication of key scientific information both to and from the health care community. This person will function as an EMD scientific/medical expert to the Neurology healthcare communities and develop partnerships in the areas of Multiple Sclerosis.
Territory: Ontario (70%) & Atlantic Canada (30%)
Travel: Estimated (50%-60%) Total
Duration of Contract: 14 Months
- Disseminating state-of-the-art scientific and medical concepts in alignment with product strategy to both internal and external healthcare audiences, including presentations on EMD research initiatives and trial results, National/Regional symposia and medical publications
- Assisting with unsolicited information requests from health care professionals. Ensuring that the delivery of information is consistent and compliant with regulations governing scientific communications.
- Effectively communicating consolidated customer, market, and competitive insights to in-house management. Ensuring that potential issues and opportunities are identified.
- Evaluating, conceptualizing and supporting requests from KOL's for investigator-driven studies and present concepts to local and global Medical Review Committees
- Supporting successful implementation of programs such as regional Advisory Boards and Continuing Health Education events.
- Participating in regional, national and international scientific meetings and prepare summaries on meeting highlights.
- Reviewing and evaluating scientific publications, and develop, in collaboration with Medical and Marketing teams, key message summaries for dissemination by the Key Account Managers (KAMs)
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science and a post graduate scientific degree (Ph.D., M.D., Pharm.D) with significant industry experience and proven performance
- Fluent in English; both written and spoken
- Expertise across a broad range of disease and therapeutic areas with a thorough understanding of the drug development process. Experience in the field of Neurology is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners including Key Opinion Leaders and global stakeholders
- Strong ability to leverage scientific knowledge for overall product value
- Independent self-starter with the ability to work effectively both alone and with cross-functional teams
- Ability to mentor new recruits from the academic sector through their transition into industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must have outstanding presentation skills
- Demonstrated business planning ability and strong organizational skills; experienced at strategy development
- Demonstrated professional and ethical behaviour. Knowledge of regulations governing provision of disease- and product-related information to health care professionals
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Travel required to cover specific territory
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html