Show All Results
Sales & Operations Planning Director - Chandler, AZ
Posted 14 Apr 2023
Chandler, Arizona - United States
Req Id 263188
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
Reporting to the Head of Delivery Systems & Services (DS&S) and being a member of the Leadership Team, the Sales & Operations Planning Director is a key interface between the manufacturing sites in the USA, Taiwan, and Korea as well as the Commercial organizations, Procurement, Product Management and the DS&S Project Management Office. In this role, you lead a team of supply planning experts in North America and have the oversight of the regional planning activities in Asia.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Commercial Forecasting: Consolidate the forecast of equipment and services sales in close collaboration with the GMs; Translate into operations and capacity planning
- (Global) Operations Planning: Based on commercial forecasts, material availability, and inventory levels, plan operations in North America and align with the Regional Planners in across all regions and manufacturing sites to maximize plant utilization and meet customer demand
- Inventory Management: Optimize global inventory to keep the right balance between ensuring supply reliability and maximizing cash flow; Analyze inventory trends and adjust inventory levels based on demand forecast
- Material Allocation: Across all regions and manufacturing sites, ensure that material is best possibly allocated and distributed in close collaboration with Procurement
- Backlog Management: Minimize backlogs and initiate corrective action by i.e., leveraging our global manufacturing footprint or prioritizing scheduled production
- Stakeholder Management: Collaborate with PO on supplier management and supply reliability; Balance regional needs and manufacturing capacity to maximize global output; Moderate conflicting interests or goals
- Process & System Continuous Improvement: Analyze the existing system and process landscape, identify and align areas of improvement, and drive implementation in close collaboration with i.e., the IT department
The preferred locations for this role are Chandler, AZ or Allentown, PA. This role can be located at another of our locations or fully remote.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or Science
- 8+ years experience in supply chain in a global business environment, preferably in the semiconductor industry
- Experience with business process improvement to develop a mature S&OP process
- Master’s degree or MBA
- SAP S/4HANA (APO) experience
- Proven track record of successfully leading in a matrix
- Effective at managing competing priorities in a fast-paced growing environment
- Experience in supporting business growth translating business strategy and market dynamics into a flexible and adaptable supply planning strategy
- Track record of managing complex (change) projects involving stakeholders across technical and business functions
- Cultural savvy: Previous responsibility for a global scope and/or international experience preferred
Critical Supply Planning and Leadership Competencies:
- Have an E2E perspective of business priorities, challenges, and requirements
- Build a culture that values customers and prioritizes business needs over processes
- Provide thought leadership on strategic themes and empower people to make decisions
- Lead and influence stakeholders without authority
- Create an agile organizational setup to quickly respond to, enable and drive transformational change
- Be an initiative driver, take risks and take accountability for your decisions
- Drive process automation and effective digitization along the supply chain to increase efficiency
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html