Show All Results
Software Engineer - Data Engineering
Posted 09 Mar 2023
San Jose, California - United States
Req Id 262076
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Informatics team at EMD Electronics (Intermolecular), a leader of R&D in the field of semiconductor process and material innovation, has developed a software system to support Intermolecular’ s high-throughput low-latency methodology on the cycle of learning. In this role you will work with process engineers, characterization engineers, and operations specialists to refine the data solution. You will have the opportunity to be part of a highly motivated team working on a cutting-edge Web-based Informatics system as well as driving its adoption through continuous improvement.
- Play a key role in the engineering and sustaining of web-based software for R&D experiment planning and execution, data engineering, data store management, data analytics, visualization, and reporting.
- Involve and work with the offshore engineering team in all phases of the software development lifecycle including software requirements, specifications, design, coding, deployment, and maintenance in the following areas:
- Data store management, understanding the Intermolecular data store models to collaborate with other organizations on digitization initiatives.
- Conduct continuous audits of data ingestion, data pipeline, and data management system requirements in performance, availability, scalability, security, etc. to refine the end-to-end architecture.
- Informatics UX modules for data management and MES, supporting scientists in experiment setup and on-site shop floor operations for experiment execution.
- Informatics data loading pipeline, which spans from on-site shop floor operations network to enterprise network
- Informatics system health and operations monitoring, working with local operations IT to proactively address potential system availability issues
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Computer Applications, Mathematics or other Software Application discipline
- 2+ years of experience in developing REST based backend services API in NodeJS and Python
- 2+ years of experience in data store technologies – RDBMS, NoSQL, Elasticsearch
- Experience in Java or C# is a plus
- Experience with Search, NLP, information Extraction, and Text Mining technologies
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
Pay Range for this position - $49,500 - $148,900
Our ranges incorporate all levels and career types available within this specific role, and are derived from relevant industry market data. Should we decide to make an offer, we will consider several factors, including but not limited to your location, skills, experience, career level, and other job-related factors. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; paid time off; and paid holidays; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html