Show All Results
Operational Technology (OT) Lead
Posted 07 Mar 2023
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin - United States
Req Id 261942
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role at MilliporeSigma:
MilliporeSigma is looking for an experienced Operational Technology (OT) Lead to join our team. As the OT Lead, you will be responsible for overseeing the implementation, maintenance, and optimization of operational technology systems used in our organization. You will work with a team of professionals to ensure that our OT systems are aligned with our business needs, compliant with regulatory requirements, and meet industry standards for availability, reliability, and security.
In addition to the technical and leadership qualifications, the ideal candidate should possess strong project management skills to effectively plan, organize, and execute complex OT projects. The candidate should have experience managing projects from initiation to closure, including creating project plans, identifying risks, managing resources, monitoring progress, and communicating project status to stakeholders. Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills are also important for successful project delivery. Experience with project management methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, or Scrum is desirable.
- Develop and implement OT strategy, policies, and procedures that align with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Oversee the Implementation of the Digital Plant transformation (DPT) throughout the site.
- Work with a team of IT/OT professionals at the site and corporate level and provide technical direction, guidance, and mentorship.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that OT systems are integrated with other business systems and processes.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement new OT solutions and technologies that improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage and monitor OT systems to ensure optimal performance, availability, and reliability.
- Develop and implement cybersecurity measures to protect OT systems from external and internal threats.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, industry standards, and best practices.
- Develop and manage budgets, schedules, and resources for OT projects.
- Provide regular status updates, reports, and presentations to senior management and other stakeholders.
Who You Are:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in OT systems (including cybersecurity, risk management, regulatory requirements and industry standards).
- Experience managing budgets, schedules, and resources for OT projects.
- Masters Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Certifications such as CISSP, GICSP, or ISA99 are desirable.
- Experience working in GMP environments, dealing with hazardous chemicals and regulated materials.
- An understanding of the Life science industry and the unique challenges and regulations that govern it. With the ability to apply this knowledge to effectively manage OT projects in these environments.
- Able to ensure detailed planning across all functions and ensure alignment between multiple stakeholders.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.