Show All Results
Account Manager, San Francisco, CA
Posted 03 Mar 2023
Hayward, California - United States
Req Id 261771
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Research Pharma Account Manager is an exciting field-based role reporting to the Regional Director. The position is responsible for achieving sales and expense goals as well as strategic objectives and customer satisfaction for a specific set of accounts assigned within their territory of San Francisco & surrounding Bay Area, CA. Devising and executing business plans and strategies to protect, expand, and grow existing account sales are key for success. Account managers are responsible for achieving all sales, growth targets, profit margins, forecast and revenue goals in an assigned territory through travel to assigned accounts, proactive (outbound) contact, and overall account/territory management.
- Travels within Bay area territory as required to meet the objectives. Overnight travel 5-10%.
- Consistently achieve sales targets established by the Sales Director.
- Submission of accurate quarterly forecasts and forecast updates, plus monthly reports as requested on a timely basis.
- Efficiently manage territory through planned coverage and interaction with key account stakeholders: end users, procurement, and key opinion leaders.
- Maintain a high level of technical and application competence and utilize this knowledge in a manner that will enable him/her to add value to MilliporeSigma products and services, to promote and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain effective and professional communication in the field and with internal contacts in the Corporation, upholding Company core values at all times.
- Schedule and execute seminars, product shows and pricing promotions within the defined territory.
- Manage the overall distribution relationship within the territory to include - but not limited to – high impact activities (ROA), business reviews and training.
- Manage effective pricing strategies to include – but not limited to – contracts and customer specific pricing (CSP’s): Renewals, negotiations, and implementations.
- Ability to travel in the bay area up to 50% as necessary
Who you are:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biology, Chemistry, or similar discipline
- Candidate experience options:
- Either 2+ years direct sales and/or marketing management experience in the life sciences market, or
- Non-sales applicants: a Master’s degree or PhD Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biology, Chemistry, or similar discipline with minimum 6 months of research or Project management internship experience.
- Masters or PhD Degree with laboratory experience
- Driven to succeed in a commercial environment.
- 2+ years of proven experience in meeting/exceeding sales targets preferably with business-to-business sales experience.
- Non-sales candidates with solid technical understanding and demonstrable business proficiency are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated capability of establishing relationships at all appropriate stakeholder levels to achieve objectives/sales.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate information appropriate to the level of the audience.
- Business insight to the Life Science market.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office software in a business environment.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and implementing tactical business plans at territory level and account level
- Knowledge of varying supply chain procurement processes and or options.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization inspiring partnership to achieve results.
- Sales competency which includes selling skills, relationship building, call planning, territory development, follow-up and closing skills.
- Technical competency demonstrated in product knowledge, product application and product positioning for Cell Biology, Molecular Biology and Protein Research.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving competency in handling distribution, product issues, sales issues, and customer issues.
- Demonstration of good presentation skills to distributor training, strategy meeting and POA’s. (Plan of Action).
- Excellent time management skills in implementing and performing successful plans of action that balance your sales activities with customer needs, distribution needs, purchasing agent needs, account development, interdivisional activities as well as Area/Divisional needs
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html