Show All Results
Posted 03 Mar 2023
Carlsbad, California - United States
Req Id 261719
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Electronics in Carlsbad, CA is seeking a Senior level Chemist to provide technical support to advance quality and analytical requirements. This position will help drive continuous improvement initiatives to build a best-in-class chemical analytical laboratory and support the company goal of achieving and maintaining a hazard free workplace, injury free employees, and an unmatched commitment to environmental stewardship.
- Analyze and compile test information to determine operating efficiency of process or equipment and to diagnose malfunctions
- Confer with scientists or engineers to conduct analyses, interpret test results, or develop nonstandard tests
- Assist laboratory analysts in daily workflow process
- Lead laboratory employees in maintaining safety, quality, and housekeeping standards of the site
- Develop and implement Laboratory policies and procedures
- Conduct research as needed to assist developing custom products and investigate complaints on existing products
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or other Science field
- 3+ years of experience in Analytical Chemistry
- Familiarity with ISO 9001/14001/45001 management systems
- Understanding of Operation and Troubleshooting of analytical equipment (GC, ICPMS, ICPOES, IC, NMR, etc.)
- Problem-solving skills
- Understanding of Laboratory Health and Safety practices
- Team working skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, SAP (or other ERP), LIMS
Pay Range for this position - $49,500 - $148,900
Our ranges incorporate all levels and career types available within this specific role, and are derived from relevant industry market data. Should we decide to make an offer, we will consider several factors, including but not limited to your location, skills, experience, career level, and other job-related factors. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; paid time off; and paid holidays; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html