Show All Results
Emerging Biotech Account Manager Boston
Posted 01 Mar 2023
Burlington, Massachusetts - United States
Req Id 261704
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Research Sales Organization of MilliporeSigma is seeking an Account Manager to support the growth strategy for Emerging Biotech. An Account Manager in Science and Lab Solutions is responsible for selling the Life Science portfolio leveraging all communication channels including phone, email, social, video and face-to-face as warranted. The Account Manager is responsible for establishing and executing business plans and sales strategies to defend and develop existing account sales, customer segment and/or industry knowledge, cross-functional collaboration, and value-creation.
Who You Are:
Account Managers are responsible for achieving sales targets in an assigned territory through effective execution of the sales strategy and proactive (outbound) contact, overall territory/account management, and travel to the assigned account if applicable or deemed appropriate based on account and opportunity size. The ideal candidate is results oriented, has strong solutions based selling skills including experience in utilizing a technology stack to accelerate the sales process. An agile, highly collaborative, and early adopter mindset is preferred.
- Consistently achieve sales targets established by leadership
- Effective execution of the defined sales strategy
- Efficiently manage territory through planned account planning and engagement with key stakeholders within an account including end users, KOLs (key opinion leaders) and procurement
- Maintain a level of technical and application competence and utilize this knowledge in a manner which will enable him/her to add value and promote customer improvement
- Submission of accurate quarterly forecasts and forecast updates as requested on a timely basis.
- Maintain effective and professional communication with customers both external and internal.
- Schedule and execute campaigns and promotions within the defined territory.
- Manage effective pricing strategies to include, but not limited to: Contracts, Pricing Agreements, Renewals, negotiations, and implementations.
- Ability to travel as necessary for meetings, training, and customer visits if applicable
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or another similar science degree
- 4+ years of sales experience
- Demonstrated experience in meeting/exceeding sales targets preferably with business-to-business sales experience
- Demonstrated ability with various sales tools and technology, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office software, Salesforce or other CRM and LinkedIn Sales Navigator or other social platforms
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and implementing tactical business plans at territory level and account level.
- Demonstrated capability of establishing relationships at all appropriate account levels to close the sales process.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Relevant business acumen to the Life Science market.
- Digitally and social media savvy.
- Knowledge of varying supply chain procurement processes and/or options.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization inspiring teamwork to achieve results.
- Sales competency which includes selling skills: including digital sales, relationship building, call planning, territory development, follow-up and closing skills.
- Technical competency demonstrated in product knowledge, product application and product positioning for research
- Sound judgment and problem-solving competency in handling distribution, product issues, sales issues, and customer issues.
- Demonstration of good presentation skills.
- Good time management skills.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html