Show All Results
BioMonitoring Digital Sales Specialist, Hybrid US
Posted 23 Feb 2023
Burlington, Massachusetts - United States
Req Id 261477
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The BioMonitoring business field of MilliporeSigma Corporation is seeking a Digital Sales Specialist to support the growth strategy in the microbiology quality control field, with a strong focus on food, beverage, and other microbiological testing markets. BioMonitoring Sales is focused on supporting microbiology needs, particularly focused in regulated markets, such as food suppliers, manufacturing, processing facilities, testing laboratories, beverage manufacturers, pharmacy/hospital microbiology labs, and drinking water. The Sales Specialist will be digitally savvy and engage with customers digitally through Microsoft Teams and other social selling tools to consistently achieve sales targets established by the Sales Manager. You will be required to submit accurate, quarterly forecasts and updates as requested. They will prioritize and manage the territory, pursuing and following up on sales opportunities for various microbiological workflows, including pathogen testing, bioburden, environmental monitoring, and rapid microbial technologies. You will work collaboratively with customer quality assurance and quality control groups, utilizing internal partners such as the Application Specialist-field sales, Field Marketing, and Technology Specialists as necessary to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. As needed, the Sales Specialist will deliver presentations via video conferencing utilizing multiple tools as it relates to strategy and/or business review meetings and Plans of Action (POAs) at the territory and customer levels. You will be expected to schedule, facilitate, execute, and/or participate in seminars, tradeshows, and pricing promotions within the defined territory.
Travel expectations are 25%. This is a hybrid role, alternating flexibly between remote work and office days in Burlington, MA as requested.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Food Sciences, or similar science discipline
- 3+ years of sales experience in any industry
- 1+ years of experience with technology implementation is a plus
- Experience utilizing LinkedIn Sales Navigator, HubSpot, Salesforce, ZoomInfo, and ability to work with additional internal digital tools
- Familiarity with AOAC, food safety regulations, hygiene monitoring, EPA guidelines, and relevant microbiological United States Pharmacopeia chapters, with emphasis in quality control is a plus
- Proven success in establishing internal and external customer relationships at various decision-maker or influencer levels that demonstrates an understanding of the sales process
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization inspiring teamwork to achieve results
- Skilled in preparing, communicating, and implementing tactical business plans for territory and accounts, appropriate to the level of the audience.
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills and sound judgment to prioritize issues or gaps in day-to-day activities such as channel management and customer fulfillment issues
- Demonstrated success in the adoption of electronic business tools such as Microsoft Office & Salesforce.com
- Demonstrates business acumen and agility in the Food, Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Contract (Reference) Testing Laboratory industries as it relates to the microbiology discipline.
- Skilled in achieving technical competency, product knowledge, understanding of workflow and competitive landscape
- Experience as a Scientist, Microbiologist or Molecular Biologist with a knowledge and understanding of microbiology quality control
- Experience with validation methods/rapid methods
- Experience with hygiene monitoring and/or membrane filtration is a plus
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html