Show All Results
Global Supply Chain Due Diligence Specialist (all genders)
Posted 23 Feb 2023
Darmstadt, Hessen - Germany
Req Id 261429
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Quality Services at Surface Solutions for a Global Supply Chain Due Diligence Specialist. In this position, you will implement and ensure supply chain traceability and transparency in line with applicable German (Supply Chain Due Diligence Act) and EU laws and standards as well as customer expectations for the Surface Solution product portfolio.
The Global Supply Chain Due Diligence Specialist understand, monitor, and translate customer requirements on supply chain transparency and traceability as well as sustainability-related legislation into business unit targets. You will manage customer expectations based on an in-depth understanding of our strategy and strengths and will be responsible for regular reporting and communication towards customers by balancing obligations against confidentiality.
By establishing partnerships within consortia, with NGO’s and relevant companies, you are the focal point for providing expertise and for collecting/providing data from our suppliers to our customers (end-to-end responsibility). Together with partners and suppliers and in close collaboration with procurement, you will map sensitive supply chains back to the mill, farm, or mine and will therefore increase the transparency and traceability up the supply chain. Additionally, you convince and support suppliers in the supply chain in fulfilling legal obligations and lead mitigation task forces, if escalated. Understanding our supply chain, down to the source, will help you to assess risks and opportunities at the local level and translate them into relevant customer information and publications.
Defining and trending meaningful KPIs reflecting customers' view and need as well as fulfilling legal obligations are facilitating the achievement of your objectives.
Furthermore, you drive the management of change in the supply chain, digitalization, system validation (external auditing systems, customer request), and consistent data management and data access control via the utilization of proven available external solutions. Finally, collaboration in internal and external committees will round up your tasks.
You will become part of a global team that ensures Product Compliance, Sustainability, and Quality Oversight for our portfolio, which includes effect pigments as well as active ingredients and fillers for automotive, plastics, printing, cosmetics, food, and pharmaceutical applications.
Who you are:
- A Master’s degree in chemistry or other natural science, in engineering, environment or sustainably is the minimum required qualification
- Ph.D. degree in chemistry or other natural science, in engineering, environment, or sustainability is preferred
- 5 plus years of knowledge and experience in sustainability-related functions and the ability to provide in-depth knowledge on a wide range of sustainability processes
- Capability to manage and deliver in a matrix environment and the ability to interact cross-functionally in a global environment
- Practical experience in sustainability-related audit, certification, and evaluation tools is highly beneficial
- Ability to understand and communicate complex sustainability and supply chain transparency issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks
- Comfortable translating and conveying complex sustainability and supply chain transparency topics to internal and external stakeholders (including direct supplier and customer contacts)
- Ability to lead & implement (sustainability-related) project initiatives
- You are used to looking for lean and efficient solutions, especially of a digital nature
- Curious about new trends and technologies
- Excitement about the Surface Solution business and joining a motivated harmonious and intercultural team
- Very good analytical skills, process-oriented thinking as well a structured way of working, and a solution-oriented mindset
- Effective negotiation, communication, and presentation skills (verbal and written) in English and German
- High level of customer focus, self-motivated, and passionate about networking
- Ability to travel up to 20%, domestically and internationally
The preferred location of this position is our headquarters in Darmstadt, but it can also be located at any other location or even remotely with travel required to meet with key partners.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!