Show All Results
Senior Scientist (Automation)
Posted 21 Mar 2023
Rockville, Maryland - United States
Req Id 261395
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
The Senior Scientist will primarily work on automation projects and will be the primary scientific resource collaborating with a particular scientific lab within Biologics. The Senior Scientist is responsible for the scientific integrity of technical work in Biologics and for ensuring the needs of internal and external clients are appropriately met effectively interpreted and communicated to the client. The Senior Scientist will
Brief role description:
- Act as the technical expert for specific defined area(s) of BioReliance business.
- Liaise closely with client representatives to ensure their expectations are met or exceeded. This should include input into technical design of new custom assays and ongoing scientific support throughout these projects / programs.
- Ensures testing is performed in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP) for custom/non routine and new services.
- Participate and/or drive assay development/ assay transfer and/or assay validation activities.
- Work with operational departments within area of expertise to update assays in line with the appropriate Validation Master Plan and client / regulatory expectations.
- Lead by example, offer scientific coaching and mentoring to other staff members (training and scientific support for ongoing projects).
- Monitor industry trends to ensure that BioReliance remains at the forefront of scientific advancements in the field of Biologics; review and recommend potential technical developments to senior management.
- Provide regular updates of technical developments, new assays, innovation within the industry to Operations teams, Support teams (as relevant), and other members of the Technical Support group.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement within Biologics; act as champion on initiatives and/or projects to drive improvement in quality and / or client service.
- Prepare and present (internally and externally) scientific data, abstracts, papers, posters, etc. to advance the reputation of BioReliance within the marketplace.
Who you are:
- Ph.D. in scientific discipline with 3 or more years of relevant experience
- MA/MS in scientific discipline with 6 or more years relevant experience
- Experience with Automated liquid handling systems (e.g. Beckman, Tecan, Hamilton, Brooks, Kingfisher, QIAgen)
- Experience working on global automation projects and translating semi-automated methods to automation platforms.
- Work in a team environment, can facilitate high performing teams and decision making based on what’s best for the business/project with minimal direction
- Knowledge of project management principles including proficient use of project management tools and software to lead complex projects and deliver them to a successful conclusion
- Working knowledge of computerized system requirements with GXP setting
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure (servers/databases, networking, etc) capabilities and how it relates to the Business
- Experience with business process and system design, configuration, customization, integration, testing and support
- Be able to build strong working relationships and keep the team focused on the project and manage and resolve challenges in project meetings
- Experience in full lifecycle ERP projects with an emphasis on incremental, iterative development and deployment is considered beneficial
- Excellent listening and communication skills in English (written, verbal and presentation)
- Strong understanding of molecular methods preferred
- Team Player who is result oriented and strong affinity to transparency
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html