Show All Results
Posted 17 Feb 2023
Carlsbad, California - United States
Req Id 261305
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Electronics in Carlsbad, CA is seeking a Chemist. Working within our Quality Control Department safety and quality will be top priorities followed by consistent turnaround time of tests that are performed accurately.
- Perform complex routine and non-routine analysis of chemical samples for ultra-trace impurities to support manufacturing and special projects
- Be part of a team that supports on time and in full deliveries to customers
- Use analytical instrumentations such as GC, GC-MS, ICPOES, ICPMS, IC, NMR
- Troubleshooting quality excursions and instrument issues
- Review and update work instructions and documentations
- Ensure all safety and quality standards are upheld
- Participate in continuous improvement projects, updating internal documentations and coordinating preventative maintenance activities
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other Scientific discipline
- Experience in analytical measurements and analytical tools
- Experience working with hazardous chemicals
- Experience in a chemical manufacturing site
- Demonstrated safety focus
- Demonstrated detail oriented
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and hands-on approach
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and teamwork abilities to support a diverse environment
Pay Range for this position - $44,800 - $104,400
Our ranges incorporate all levels and career types available within this specific role, and are derived from relevant industry market data. Should we decide to make an offer, we will consider several factors, including but not limited to your location, skills, experience, career level, and other job-related factors. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; paid time off; and paid holidays; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html