Show All Results
Orbital Welder/Assembler (3-11pm Mon-Fri)
Posted 25 Apr 2023
Allentown, Pennsylvania - United States
Req Id 261215
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
At EMD Electroncis the Orbital Welder/Assembler will perform orbital GTAW tube welding, assembly, and installation of mechanical components onto sheet metal plates and inside of sheet metal frames and enclosures on equipment manufactured by SEMC Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturing Center. Knowledge of using orbital welding equipment, the safe use of hand tools such as drills (portable battery and drill press), taps, wrenches, sockets, crimp tools, volt ohm meters, micrometers, cutoff tools jigs and fixtures as are necessary to perform the duties of this position. You will also perform inspection and general tool maintenance and use a deionized water system with ultrasonic baths and a drying oven.
- Drill, perform tapping and component layout on sheet metal
- Cut and bending stainless steel tubing
- Clean parts
- Finish mechanical duties and label systems during assembly
- Check raw materials and quantities against a bill of materials and arranging them according to a design drawing
- Work in a cleanroom work environment and wear PPE such as a cleanroom hair cover, face cover, cleanroom smock with Latex or Nitrile gloves
- Up to 6 hours of seated weld station work
- Manual dexterity for placing work within the weld head
- Straighten the welded piping spools
- Lift up to 50 lbs. and transfer that weight at waist height or knee height
- Push/Pull 200lb metal boxes on wheels
- Stand and kneel on ergonomic mats over concrete
- Step up on one step, lean over a tilting lift table
- Full range of motion with their arms and legs
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ year of experience interpreting and following written and verbal work instructions, mechanical and electrical schematics and engineering mechanical drawings
- Self-starting and motivated
- Good written and communication skills
- Work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment while following safety and process controls
- Work with a team and independently
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html