Show All Results
Principal Quality Engineer
Posted 07 Feb 2023
Tamaqua, Pennsylvania - United States
Req Id 261040
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
The Principal Quality Engineer is a full-time on-site position in Tamaqua, PA.
The Principal Quality Engineer will be part of the team creating the next generation precursor Thin Films materials to enable the innovation to the digital age. This position is located on site in beautiful, rolling green hills of Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania (Tamaqua, PA).
- Partner with team to lead the execution and quality of thin films materials to major semiconductor customers globally
- Work closely with cross-functional teams in resolving technology issues
- Lead investigations to root cause and manage cross-functional teams in implementation of preventative/corrective or mitigation actions to ensure world-class quality.
- Be the voice of the customer to the site
- Support the Site Quality manager in maintaining Thin Films quality performance and efforts toward continuous improvement.
- Ensure discipline to process controls tools to ensure (e.g. SPC reviews) quality, identify continuous improvement opportunities, and variation reduction.
- Identify and enable automation activities to make decisions faster and improve visibility to unknown variable/issues
- Be key voting member to disposition discrepant material, identifying gaps in the process, and managing cross-functional teams to implement controls to prevent/reduce variation
- Lead, engage, and support audits of the sites processing and quality systems
- contribute to the advancement of global quality related projects and process improvements with Lean and/or Six Sigma or data-driven process optimization projects.
- will lead the Level Up Quality Roadmap for the site Thin Films products.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Material Science, or other technical discipline
- 5+ years in chemical manufacturing, process engineering, control engineering, analytical chemist, or semiconductor fabrication experience
- Successful ability to motivate others and work collaboratively with multiple internal stakeholders
- Proven ability to contribute to the advancement of projects, project teams, and process improvements
- Demonstrated experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma projects or in data-driven process optimization projects or Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple activities and projects.
- Moderate to Advanced Statistical knowledge (SPC, t-test, ANOVA, single and multivariate statistical modelling)
- Experience in quality tools for problem solving (5Whys, segmentation, Model Based Problem Solving), FMEAs, continuous improvement (CI) activities, management of change, and document control systems.
- Proficient with data science/statistical software including JMP, Palantir Foundry, and/or visualization tools such as Tableau
- Experience with process improvement, data automation, and data digitization.
- Experience within Electronics industry (preferably in semiconductors)
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or other relevant certification
- Experience with ISO9001 Quality Management Systems
- ISO9001 or IATF 16949 Internal Auditor Certification
- SAP experience
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html