Show All Results
Construction Project Manager
Posted 10 Mar 2023
Bedford, Massachusetts - United States
Req Id 260949
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Under the direction of the Head of Real Estate and Property Services the successful applicant will manage in-house and outside resources for the purpose of delivering cost effective project management, design services and construction administration for new facilities, additions and interior renovation projects. Acts as liaison between contracted services and the customer to ensure that appropriate internal personnel are involved in the decision making related to design, specification and installation and/or construction of projects. The Project Manager will work closely with senior stakeholders to identify project priorities and will lead project teams in creating project documentation and processes, and oversee the entire project lifecycle, delivering, high quality, innovative solutions.
This position requires confidence, self-discipline, a sense of urgency, and the ability to work independently with minimum direction. The Project Manager must be able to adapt quickly in rapidly changing conditions and priorities, identifying risks, solutions, and opportunities to ensure goals are met. There is a strong demand for high quality, organized and repeatable results
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of leading projects
- Proven working experience and results in project management; including technical life science projects
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Manages the coordination of facilities projects including designers, contractors and customers by monitoring the project through all phases in order to ensure conformity with original design objectives and construction documents.
- Selects and utilizes the participation of consultants with the goal of integrating and maximizing the contributions of participants.
- Identifies problems and develops solutions to determine realistic project scope, budgets and schedules
- Evaluates and manages cost control during construction phase through the proper use of budgetary appropriations.
- Maintains records, drawings and files.
- Manage the overall Capex budget providing updates on project responsible for and project managed by third parties.
- Demonstrate exceptional ability for project leadership and delivery
- Build collaboration with cross functional teams to ensure project objectives are executed
- Builds communication with the project owner and agrees upon the communication to key partners on all aspects of the projects, establishment of the project communication plan and can clearly articulate the project information to key partners across the organization
- Can drive core project management functions such as creation and execution of a project plan, dedicated reporting and tracking, facilitation of key project meetings and can execute on the project objective
- Establishes priority of requests according to organizational objectives. Revises priorities in response to the changing business environment.
- Participates with other professionals in the group while processing bids and awarding of contracts to consultants such as designers, engineers, and architects, and to vendors and contractors.
- Ensures conformance with local building codes and specifications.
- Seeks new ideas, expands knowledge base, and keeps abreast of changes in the industry with the goal of constantly improving customer service,
- Identifies key Learning and Development
- Bedford MA No relocation available
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html