Show All Results
Maintenance Technician 3
Posted 06 Feb 2023
St. Louis, Missouri - United States
Req Id 260768
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Maintenance Technician 3 will maintain and install equipment, facilities, and utility systems and provide leadership, expertise, and training to other department members, contractors, and other technicians. This is a multi-skilled position that will complete work orders that cross over traditional disciplines. This is a 1st shift position involving 8 hour shifts Monday-Friday and starts at 6AM or 7AM. The schedule additionally includes rotating weekends and participation in the holiday on-call program for afterhours.
- Perform Corrective and Preventive Maintenance of equipment, facilities, and utility systems
- Use the Management of Change Process effectively
- Read, understand, and follow through of work instructions and procedures
- Utilize basic PC software (Windows operating systems and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook for email) and SAPCMMS software.
- Operate forklift, man lift, hand tools, power tools, basic shop tools (grinder, drill press, sand blaster, band saw,etc.)
- Read, redline, and understand all types of drawings/schematics
- Read gauges and understand units of measure
- Identify parts needed for a repair
- Troubleshoot and repair air conditioning equipment and chillers
- Troubleshoot, install, maintain, and repair heating equipment and systems
- Troubleshoot and repair ventilation equipment (air handlers, exhaust systems)
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair dehumidification equipment
- Generate and lead process improvements
- Solder and braze copper and pipe
- Walk, stand, reach above the shoulders
- Use feet to operate equipment
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear
- Use hands to operate tools and equipment
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and additional weight with assistance.
- Utilize close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Wear a hard hat, safety shoes, eye protection, hearing protection, a safety harness, protective clothing and gloves, respirator, and face shield
- Work at varying heights
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Universal EPA 608 Certification
- Valid driver’s license
- HVAC maintenance experience
- Technical school training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and 6S skills
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Knowledge of good documentation practices
- Understanding of construction materials and chemical compatibility
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html