Show All Results
Senior Associate Scientist - Molecular R&D
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The purpose of this position is to support R&D efforts for designing new platform technologies in the field of Molecular Biology. This position will also assist in development and commercialization of the new product offerings in the field of Molecular Biology.
In this role, you will work in a Molecular Research and Development (R&D) Team based environment to design new commercial bioassays that are scientific in nature for use in the life sciences industry. You will participate in research, design, develop, and implement experimental plans, procedures, and processes that are Molecular Biology based. You will optimize processes and meet regulatory requirements with particular emphasis placed on research and design aspect of molecular biology skills.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute a broad range of molecular biology protocols. Technical skills should include but are not limited to: Nucleic Acid Extraction techniques (manual and automated methods), with strong emphasis on standard and real-time PCR technologies (i.e., QPCR & digital PCR), library preparation and strong background with sequencing technologies
- Conducts assigned testing with minimal supervision within constraints of lab scheduling
- Maintains complete and comprehensive records for study integrity
- Makes detailed observations and documents results
- Demonstrates a consistently high level of quality of work
- Operates and maintains lab equipment as required by SOPs and testing procedures
- Performs peer review of assay batch/lab records
- Utilizes applicable computer programs during testing and routine tasks (i.e., Word, Excel, Oracle, LIMS, BRIQS, etc.)
- Utilizes problem solving/ trouble shooting skills
- Communicates deviations/ events, progress and interim results to Study Management
- Informs supervisor of deviations or factors that may affect quality and accuracy of data
- Maintains a working knowledge of lab procedures and assays
- Creates/ revises SOPs, laboratory records and other related documentation as assigned
- Assists with training of laboratory personnel as needed/ assigned
- Assists or coordinates assay transfer between the Blazar Lab and operations
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, improve protocols, processes and equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in experimental design
This is an on-site position (regular business hours).
Who You Are:
- Master’s degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Molecular Biology, etc.) with 2+ years working molecular laboratory experience – OR –
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Molecular Biology, etc.) with 3+ years working molecular laboratory experience
- Associate’s degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Molecular Biology, etc.) with 5+ years of working laboratory experience
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biology, etc.
- Digital PCR, DNA extraction and GLP/GMP experience
- Experience with relevant laboratory practices, techniques, equipment, materials and mathematical calculations
- Basic skills in applicable computer programs
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team-based environment
- Experience with Illumina and ONT technologies
- Proficiency in the use of basic laboratory techniques, equipment and materials
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html