Show All Results
Principal Operations Technology Engineer Remote
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Location for this role is flexible, including remote work arrangement within the US.
The Principal Operations Technology Engineer will design, implement, and operate Operational Technology (OT) systems, manage respective asset investment projects, and govern local teams of our worldwide operations network of manufacturing sites. The tasks range from global governance functions and standards development to designing, building, commissioning, and maintaining systems. This role will define project tasks and service level agreements and manage internal project teams as well as external suppliers with full responsibility on quality, cost, timelines and know how protection.
The OT systems typically consist of the central process control system with data historians and interfaces to PIM-, LIM- or Manufacturing Intelligence systems. While defining, building, and maintaining these systems the Principal Operations Technology Engineer will be the interface to our local and global IT organizations. By managing medium-sized interdisciplinary, global teams of specialists, the Principal Operations Technology Engineer will be able to find the right balance of doing and delegating design, coding, and management tasks. The role will be involved in continuous improvement projects for running systems and performing user trainings including security requirements.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, automation, or electrical engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in OT system design and project execution of digitalization projects
- Advanced knowledge in OT infrastructure design, software engineering and IT security
- Experience in configuring & operating virtual machine and virtual network technology (VMs, VLANs)
- Hands on experience in configuration, installation, diagnosis, & maintenance of OT systems hardware and software
- Ability to work on global, cross functional teams
- There is a 25% travel expectation for this role, both domestic and international travel.
- Experience in implementing layers of protection for cyber security, OT, and IT
- Experience in planning & programming Siemens PCS7 distributed control systems
- Advanced degree in computer science, automation, electrical engineering, or related field is preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html