Show All Results
Senior EHS Specialist
Posted 15 Feb 2023
St. Louis, Missouri - United States
Req Id 260264
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As a Sr. EHS Specialist you will provide EHS support directly to those departments and employees involved in the Process Safety Management program, materials handling warehouse activities at the Cherokee facility. Responsibilities include:
- Conduct EHS-related training for affected employees within departments handling process safety management
- Ensure departmental personnel are competent in performing Risk Assessments and ensure necessary Risk Assessments are completed
- Identify risk reduction methods and work with site management in implementing those methods
- Conduct safety inspections and ensure departmental personnel are competent in performing safety inspections
- Interact routinely with site management, supervision, and personnel on EHS related matters
- Respond to and assist in investigation of employee injuries and area emergencies
- Member of the Emergency Response Team with some on call duties
- Don/doff and wear PPE including emergency response equipment such as gloves, respirator, and protective clothing
- Walk and climb steps routinely
- Work in ambient temperature and humidity environments
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety or other science degree
- 5+ years of EHS experience in the chemical, specialty chemical and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental Engineering
- Certified Safety Professional
- Advanced knowledge of IH, Safety & Environmental regulations and standards (i.e., OSHA, EPA)
- Experience performing public speaking to include meeting with and provide training for site personnel
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html