Show All Results
Planning & Scheduling Specialist
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma has an opening for a Planning & Scheduling Specialist at our St. Louis - Ewing location! The Planning & Scheduling Specialist works closely with Forecasting, Operations Planning, and Procurement Planning functions, reviewing, and adjusting demands at a global and local level, compiling long and short-term capacity plans, and ensuring Supply Chain planning designs are set to achieve global service and inventory objectives.
- Create operational schedules based on throughput, customer service, and all other company and/or departmental goals
- Use SAP APO or other scheduling software techniques to optimize production schedules
- Analyze planned orders, requirements, and system designs with a view to global MilliporeSigma supply chain impact; convert planned orders to purchase requisitions or process orders as necessary
- Identify scheduling constraints and test various methods and strategies in order to reduce or eliminate those constraints (i.e. bulk size, availability, fill time, warehouse space)
- Develop SAP generated reports various performance measures to identify opportunities for refinement of strategies, process improvement, and testing
- Ensure a balanced load of work for production while allowing for flexibility with Bulk/Spec orders and minimizing WIP to ensure low cycle times
- Manage SAP exception messages and act on recommended plan changes including expediting or rescheduling process orders and purchase orders
- Schedule and maintain Top products to 99% service level
- Work closely with purchasing and production to ensure bulk availability and packaging requirements including supplies
- Work with global planning teams as needed to ensure planning designs and requirements are coordinated across the entire supply chain
- Analyze inventory and forecast status in order to provide superior customer service
- Analyze reports and participate in projects to eliminate backorders, optimize inventory and increase customer service
- Evaluate, test, recommend and/or implement changes that could improve service, cycle time, throughput efficiency, inventory levels, etc.
- Enforce inventory approval policies
- Manual data entry of forecast and demand information to GRASP and Access databases
- Communicate effectively with multiple levels of management and with Sales and Marketing departments
- Frequently explain SAP Planning policies and functions including how and why requirements are generated to personnel not necessarily familiar with that part of business
- Maintain and audit key SAP planning master data. Including, lot size, lead time, MRP controllers, special procurement keys, schedule margin key and purchasing type
- Support business unit objectives
- Develop excellent understanding of complex processes from beginning to end and all steps in detail to perform trouble shooting and process improvement effectively
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Supply Chain Management or other Business or Supply Chain or Life Science fields with 1+ year(s) experience in supply chain, forecasting and/or planning/scheduling
- High School Diploma or GED with 5+ years’ experience in supply chain, forecasting and/or planning/scheduling
- 2+ years’ experience in moving material through the product delivery cycle
- APICS certification
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in spreadsheets and databases, data analysis
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Basic scheduling techniques
- Basic material requirements planning knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of ISO standards in documentation preparation
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html