Show All Results
Associate Scientist 1
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, as an Associate Scientist 1, you will perform assays for Biologics laboratory testing. You will perform safety testing required to manufacture clinical and commercial products and make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards. Conducts assigned testing with minimal supervision within constraints of lab scheduling.
- Performs testing in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP)
- Maintains complete and comprehensive records for study integrity
- Makes detailed observations and documents results
- Operates and maintains lab equipment as required by SOPs and testing procedures
- Performs peer review of assay batch/lab records to ensure Right First Time (RFT)
- Utilizes applicable computer programs during testing and routine tasks (i.e. Word, Excel, Oracle, LIMS, BRIQS, etc.)
- Communicates deviations/ events, progress and interim results to Study Management
- Informs supervisor of deviations or factors that may affect quality and accuracy of data
- Maintains a working knowledge of lab procedures and assays
- Assists with revisions to SOPs, laboratory records and other documentation as assigned
- Complies with company health and safety regulations and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Weekend rotating shifts and occasional overtime
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, etc.)
– OR -
- Associate Degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, etc.) with 2+ years of laboratory experience
– OR -
- High school diploma or GED with 4+ years of laboratory experience
- Experience with entry of data into databases (LIMS, ELN, SAP etc…)
- Experience with documentation (both handwritten and electronic) neatly and accurately
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html